PDA

View Full Version : alternator

Ferrit
22-12-08, 11:29 AM
need to find out what alternator i ned to fit to c20xe out of a 93 astra gsi si it will fit in nova

draper
22-12-08, 11:35 AM
what ??

take the old alternator off, take it to the motorfactors and ask for a replacement

burgo
22-12-08, 11:44 AM
hmm im gonna guess that hes asking if theres an alternator he could fit which means he doesnt have to do the chassis leg mod?? either that or hes gt the ribbed type and wants to know which came with the v belt sort?? or am i wrong and you actually want something else

Ferrit
22-12-08, 12:01 PM
sorry for confusion, yeah i need the v type and mine is the later ribbed one, can i just swap pulleys on that and the crank pulley or do i need to replace the alternator, and what cars have the one i need:thumb:

Riggy
22-12-08, 12:01 PM
need to find out what alternator i ned to fit to c20xe out of a 93 astra gsi si it will fit in nova

translation = need to find out what alternator i need to fit to a c20xe out of a 93 astra gsi so it will fit in a nova

so yes sounds like you have a ribbed belt , you will nee an alt and adjusting arm and a bottom pully from a single V early XE

Ferrit
22-12-08, 12:15 PM
ok nice one, now just need to find one:(
sorry bout spellin, tryin to do this with out boss seein