PDA

View Full Version : supercharging red top

xe Dan
22-12-08, 08:13 AM
rite i spoke to a lad at the weekend whos got a super charged vw lupo and its running 195 bhp at the wheels ive also seen a couple of astra gsi s on the web that are super charged so wot would i need to super charge my c20xe red top engine and then would it fit in my nova and would a mini cooper s charger be any good as can get one feahly easy let me no wot u think:thumb:

Jack
22-12-08, 08:49 AM
Somewhere to mount it
Custom inlet
Belt and pulley
Coolant system

You'd either nee to remove the firewall or reverse the engine for it to fit IMO

Stuart
22-12-08, 09:17 AM
mini cooper chargers are shoite!!!!!
They use the (H)eaton one which generates sooo much heat its silly.

I'd use a Rotrex personally, but they are about the same price as a genunie Garret :D

xe Dan
22-12-08, 09:35 AM
could i use some bits off a let like top hat and wot about mounting it where the pas pump goes and was only lookin at a mini one as me mate just busted a mini up and can i run standard internals

Stuart
22-12-08, 09:41 AM
do you want to simply lash it up and see what it does, or do it properly?

spanishfly
22-12-08, 09:56 AM
lash up job=mini cooper s/charger.
Proper job= might as well fit a LET :beer:

Nova_Tek
22-12-08, 12:40 PM
lash up job=mini cooper s/charger.
Proper job= might as well fit a LET :beer:

lol

Both sound tempting imo :p

mayhem
22-12-08, 02:46 PM
there's a project on mig, a dutch guy who ran a corsa B c20ne with eaton m64 last year. he's now building a c20xe with eaton m90.

xe Dan
22-12-08, 03:03 PM
so whats bein said is to do it properly ur goin to spend as much super charging the xe as u are goin to spend on a half decent let and if i was goin to do it it would be done properly

ck
22-12-08, 03:11 PM
the mini's eaton charger is a bit small for the xe full stop. on a small block xe the mini charger would be perfectly suited.

craig green
22-12-08, 03:14 PM
Rotrex is the way forward, no need to lower the CR unlike with other types of unit.

It's only the space which is a bit limiting in a Nova.

Stuart
22-12-08, 03:16 PM
Rotrex is the way forward, no need to lower the CR unlike with other types of unit.

It's only the space which is a bit limiting in a Nova.

rotrex FTW!!!!

they dont generate anywhere near as much heat as a Roots type S/C so you dont need to drop the CR as much etc, OR you could drop the CR and ram as much air in as the bitch will take :D

Adam_J
22-12-08, 04:03 PM
IMO to do a proper job supercharging an xe will be a fair bit more cash than buying an LET.