PDA

View Full Version : WEIRD illusion????

mikeoxford
28-11-02, 11:10 PM
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/events/trax02/pages/P1010008.htm

just looked back through my trax photos, someone pointed out this to me

my nova is on the standard wheels (left) with 14" alloys and just over 60mm drop right (actually sits lower than a 60 mil drop)??

on the right is ollys car with 15" alloys (or are they 16???) and i KNOW olly hasnt dropped his car more than 60 - even if that much

look at how much LOWER :o ollys car looks to mine, me and mate think its the vinyl on the side

BLIMEY

couldnt believe it when we noticed.

locky
28-11-02, 11:15 PM
Remember ur parked on grass so it may not b level!

?Marty?
29-11-02, 02:10 AM
Yes. It's all fucked up. :lol:

ollster
30-11-02, 12:49 AM
Mine are 15" rims mike, and its a 60 mill drop at the back, and 35 at teh front because the late sri rear axel is different from the rest of the range (as i found out when i can 35mill springs alll round and it looked like a hotrod). Mine have got 45 series tyres on which will bring the car down another few mm's too.

Aragorn
30-11-02, 06:49 PM
when viewing a car with a black strip, the black tends to merge into the road giving the illusion that the car is sitting higher

my saloon's previous owner had painted from the bump strips down in black bitumen paint, when i sorted the doors all that was left was the black along the sill

i painted one side white and left it cos it started raining - the white side looks a good few mm lower than the side with the black still present

Chris_W
01-12-02, 11:19 AM
Mike,
The reason the car sits wierd is because the kit is from my 1.2, and when I put it on the SR it seemed lower, so I'm guessing the engine might be slightly heavier of something? I've got no other explanation for it :?
As for Olly's car looking lower, you should try parking them next to each other on concrete, I don't think they'll be much in it. If you look at the pic you posted up you can see that your front tyre is quite close to the arch, same as olly's, so physically you can't go too much lower than you are, and you have smaller wheels (though the tyres are slightly oversize ;)) so your car should be lower if anything :lol:
Anyway, thats my views on it.

Chris