PDA

View Full Version : 4 pots under Speedline Allesio's

Lee H
21-12-08, 06:07 PM
Not sure if this is the right section but thought more people would see it here and its not really a tech question as such.

Is anyone running 4 pots of any type under the above wheels without using spacers? Really want a proper upgrade for my car but I don't have enough clearance against the front wings to run spacers and wouldn't really want to and don't fancy changing the wheels either.

Nick J
21-12-08, 07:01 PM
Tbh Lee from what Ive tried,seen and heard without spacers it wont happen, I tried a high spec kit last year to no avail. Every nova Ive seen on speedlines with wilwood kits have run spacers too. Mark beeson is the only guy Ive heard to have managed it by having a custom setup made for him I believe. Thats the downside of running them low really as its makes use of spacers practically impossible without front arch mods etc.

Paul
21-12-08, 07:13 PM
wilwood 4 pots with a 3mm spacer here.

novaxe235
21-12-08, 07:56 PM
check my thread i have willwood 4 pots with no spacers tight but they do fit

wilson_sri
21-12-08, 08:32 PM
Iv got wilwood 4 pots with 310mm discs under my softstars with no spacers, very tight though.
Im sure big chap had to use 5mm spacers to clear his 4 pots with speedlines.

Lee H
22-12-08, 12:22 AM
Softstars have about 10mm more clearance from experience so sounds about right.

Novaxe235, any idea which Wilwood kit you are running etc?

novaxe235
22-12-08, 06:19 PM
Softstars have about 10mm more clearance from experience so sounds about right.

Novaxe235, any idea which Wilwood kit you are running etc?no idea mate i bought them so long ago have a look theres pics on my thread

Will F
22-12-08, 07:01 PM
I have midilites (wilwoods) under mine, its fecking close, but they fit!

it also depends on disk width, iirc I have 24 or 26mm vented 290mm disks

with 27mm they catch

Lee H
22-12-08, 07:47 PM
I did think about disk width but thought that would only make a difference with normal sliding calipers as I thought the four pot calliper was fixed so didn't move as the pads wear?

Are you running the normal one piece disks or seperate bells and rotors with yours?

Will F
22-12-08, 09:55 PM
with the wider disks you wouldnt you get a slightly different caliper/mount?

I think thats what makes the difference tbh..

mine are 1 piece disks btw

Lee H
22-12-08, 10:09 PM
The only Vauxhall Midilite kits I can find on Rally Design come with 280 x 24 disks so maybe these ones. Difficult decision as a lot of money for them not to fit. lol