PDA

View Full Version : hazzard switch trick

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:01 PM
if i wire a switch to the main power cable leading on to my ignition barrel would that be able to stop the hazard switch trick working :thumb:

Adam
20-12-08, 09:09 PM
Just fit a diode into the ignition supply to the hazard switch.
That fixes it

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:16 PM
sorry mate but i dont know what a diode is :confused:

meritlover
20-12-08, 09:20 PM
its a component that acts as a one-way 'valve' current will flow one way and not the other. therefor the ignition cannot be back-fed from the hazard switch.

what ive always wondered is who discovered that turning it upside down engergises the ignition

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:23 PM
its a component that acts as a one-way 'valve' current will flow one way and not the other. therefor the ignition cannot be back-fed from the hazard switch.

what ive always wondered is who discovered that turning it upside down engergises the ignition

THEIFS LOL

Adam
20-12-08, 09:23 PM
As above. It means the switch can not make certain circuits go live, because the diode only allows flow one way.
There was a guide somewhere, fook knows where though.

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:34 PM
As above. It means the switch can not make certain circuits go live, because the diode only allows flow one way.
There was a guide somewhere, fook knows where though.

i supose

thats better then doing a switch every time you get in to your car were can i buy one

Stuart
20-12-08, 09:37 PM

for some epic reason, vauxhall havent sorted the issue on some more recent cars either.... twunts

brainsnova
20-12-08, 09:40 PM
for some epic reason, vauxhall havent sorted the issue on some more recent cars either.... twunts

cause vauxhall love seeing insurance right offs so they can suply a new car to the customer.

meritlover
20-12-08, 09:53 PM
if the customer realises theyre as easy to steal, then why would they want another one?

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:54 PM
if the customer realises theyre as easy to steal, then why would they want another one?

because people are stupid and alot of people have some sort of unconditional love for certain car manufactures

brainsnova
20-12-08, 09:56 PM
after market alarms are essential to keep hold of you beloved motor vehicle.

turbojolt
20-12-08, 09:57 PM
yep i already have one fitted to my nova and i have a steering wheel lock

but some little struggle and runt still tried the door handles the other day apparently

Stuart
20-12-08, 10:03 PM
cause vauxhall love seeing insurance right offs so they can suply a new car to the customer.

dumbass

Thats called fraud and they wouldnt get away with it for those reasons