PDA

View Full Version : C20xe playing about NEED HELP

nova_saloon
20-12-08, 04:52 PM
Hi,
Basically the idle isnt still, and also there is a odd rev at 2,100 to about 2,500 rpm there isnt much power feels like its holding back, but also has soon as its get to this point and u try to hold it on it the needle jumps up and down. not much just jumps up about 100rpm then back down and then back up but rather rapidly.
I have a coil pack C20xe engine if that makes any difference. ive replaced the coil pack thinking it could be a misfire but there isnt.
has anyone haad this sort of a problem? or know anything that will help this, would be much appreciated.
also have done a diagnostics check and is saying that the crankshaft sensor isnt working, or not working proberly and the HES sensor (hall effect switch) isnt working proberly either.

brainsnova
20-12-08, 05:26 PM
i initially thought there was an air intake leak as my old cav gsi done that with a split rubber flange but havent a clue about the sensors and how to check them.

nova_saloon
20-12-08, 05:49 PM
i initially thought there was an air intake leak as my old cav gsi done that with a split rubber flange but havent a clue about the sensors and how to check them.

thanks i will give it a go. i will check for cracks