PDA

View Full Version : Where to bolt the ecu when coverting to 2.0

rdznova16v
20-12-08, 11:28 AM
Hi may sound a stupid question but on mine its been put on the side of the drivers footwell, Is there a better place to put them?? Any pics would be nice, Thanks guys :thumb:

The Simps
20-12-08, 11:29 AM
I bolted mine up directly underneath where the battery would sit. Need to be careful tho and make sure you get a very good seal on the bolt hole to make sure water doesn't leak thru.

Adam*D
20-12-08, 11:31 AM
Usually go on the shelf under the dash, or wrapped in a plastic bag and stashed under the wiper motor / battery area.
I have heard of people hiding them behind the dash tho.

Benn
20-12-08, 11:34 AM
or wrapped in a plastic bag and stashed under the wiper motor / battery area..

Biggest bodge ever. My mate had one like that, we spent 20mins unwrapping it and cutting the tape off, to find it full of water onthe inside..

rdznova16v
20-12-08, 11:34 AM
Oh so mine is sort of in the right place?
Thanks

rdznova16v
20-12-08, 11:35 AM
Biggest bodge ever. My mate had one like that, we spent 20mins unwrapping it and cutting the tape off, to find it full of water onthe inside..

lol Oh or maybe not

edit just seen what u was replying to

Benn
20-12-08, 11:37 AM
Under dash shelf is the easiest place, or bolted under the dash.

The Simps
20-12-08, 12:02 PM
They tend to end up on the shelf but I can't get on with driving with the shelf, I find it gets in the way.

Where's your now?

Steve
20-12-08, 12:04 PM
Leave it on the lower shelf, easy to remove that way which makes for a cheap immobiliser.

rdznova16v
20-12-08, 06:42 PM
They tend to end up on the shelf but I can't get on with driving with the shelf, I find it gets in the way.

Where's your now?
Mine is in driver footwell strapped to the shell

rdznova16v
20-12-08, 06:43 PM
No thanks guys guess mine is ok where it is. It just dident look right like it was just bodged there:roll:

Lee
20-12-08, 06:49 PM
Should always be put on the inside of the car.

TBH if you leave it somewhere accessible, its the best form of immobiliser ever by taking it into the house with you :) I did this with my blue one by using lots of velcro to hold it up out of the way when in use, but easily taken out at night.

Bear in mind if you are converting a carb nova, there wont be a hole for the engine loom, so you'll need to cut one yourself.

This is my disclaimer for any early pics of Steve's SEH as i strapped it to the battery (i didnt have a hole cutter lol)

Nobby
20-12-08, 07:54 PM
mine was under the dash like said!

Steve
20-12-08, 09:51 PM
This is my disclaimer for any early pics of Steve's SEH as i strapped it to the battery (i didnt have a hole cutter lol)
I don't have a hole cutter either, took ages drilling lots of little holes before I could get the hole the right size lol