PDA

View Full Version : You know - it's sad!

ade
18-12-08, 09:59 PM
I'm 38 years old.

Last Friday - I walk into the most famous highstreet name of all - Woolies - to their closing down sale - and buy "Guitar Hero - world tour" with a guitar for the ps2 for £40!

Brilliant I think - weekend of guitar bashing bliss.

Saturday and Sunday my wife "keeps me busy" with stuff - and I have 5 projects on the go. Sunday I develop Man throat.

Monday - I develop man flu at work
Tuesday to now I've been ill - sneezing, coughing, basically dying - I manage to complete my 5 projects (5 model novas) and get them posted in time for Christmas. I've been up late (only coz I cant sleep for coughing) and done all my other "household" tasks.

And yet - my Guitar Hero game hasnt been touched once!

In fact I discover today - the wife - after pulling a snidey face has stuffed it in the back of the cupboard under the stairs so I can get it out and "mess up the front room!"

:cry::cry::cry:

God I miss having "free time"!

What do you lot miss about getting older.

(I'm also thinking something and I bet it happens before this thread gets to page 3)

AlexW
18-12-08, 10:02 PM
Ade - Youve become a thread starting mad man! lol

And what do i miss? Not having to pay bills and be an adult! lol

Lee
18-12-08, 10:03 PM
If im as old as you in 10 years, im going to shoot myself!

kelbelle
18-12-08, 10:04 PM
I know I cant claim to be 'older' as im only 20 but i really miss being at 6th form. Just strolling in at whatever time, skiving biology to natter to my friends and kiss martin instead, sitting in the computer room with my mates, walking to the co-op at break time to buy some chips, and just generally pissing about.
Dont get to see them much nowadays now we have degree and essays to complete or full time jobs. Once a week if Im lucky, I miss them :(
ok sob story over

Lauren
19-12-08, 09:13 AM
^ I can't claim to be older either, i'm only 21, but I do just miss being 'young'.
I moved in with my partner at 19 and I feel like I spend most of my life cleaning, washing, paying bills and worrying about money. I kinda feel as though I should be out every weekend getting drunk and making a tit out of myself, and still living at home with no responsibilities. :(

Shaun_O'Donnell
19-12-08, 09:20 AM
I miss a full nights' sleep. My 8 month old daughter is teething just now.......

Lynsey
19-12-08, 10:00 AM
I miss spending entire weekends playing Mario... It's been at least 2 weeks since I last got chance to do that :roll:

stevie-p
19-12-08, 11:23 AM
i miss nothing i still am

Spudly
19-12-08, 11:55 AM
I miss the sunny summer days when all me and my mates had to worry about was making sure we had a pump and a few spare inner tubes and a few squid for drinks and sweets then disappearing off out for the day on out mountain bikes, or worrying where the few squid was going to come from so we could all get a few beers then try wheelying drunk all over the place.

I miss waking up to having my mates at the door asking where were off that day or swapping and trading bike bits and other such stuffs!

Oh to be in my teens again, there is so much i miss and feel at the ripe old age of 27 that its all passed me by and the fun days are long gone as i dont see the lads i grew up with anymore and havent for a few years and i miss them loads:cry:

brainsnova
19-12-08, 11:59 AM
i miss finding original mint nova 1.3sr's for £800.

Welsh Dan
19-12-08, 12:48 PM
I miss having a disposable income of £60 per week when I earned £60 per week :(.

Riggy
19-12-08, 01:59 PM
^ lol my first wage was £40 per week , in which i gace my mum £10 , spent £10 on my buss pass and the other £20 lasted me all week lol

im now on about £430 ish in my hand and dont see a penny of it grrrrr , i miss my money hahaha

hc coupe
19-12-08, 02:04 PM
I miss my back not hurting, I used to wake up and everything just worked,Now my back is F'ed for days if i play football,My knee's hurt and I run out of breath before we start.

Jack
19-12-08, 02:05 PM
I like being old. It gives me an excuse to be grumpy.

Benn
19-12-08, 02:15 PM
I like being old. It gives me an excuse to be grumpy.

Snap. lol

Ade you're 38? Damn.

Not to diss laurn, but just cause you're 21 dont mean you need to be a binge drinking loser..

Lauren
19-12-08, 02:30 PM
^ lol
No, I don't mean it like that, it just seems like the majority of my friends all live at home, pay no or minimal rent, and have the money to go down the pub and go on holidays together and be basically carefree.
They still find the time to moan though. Makes me wonder when some people will realise what the real world is like. :roll:

mowgli
19-12-08, 07:26 PM
what do I miss??????????????

my own hair

money

lie ins

everything else is pretty much window dressing.

Benn
19-12-08, 07:28 PM
^ lol
No, I don't mean it like that, it just seems like the majority of my friends all live at home, pay no or minimal rent, and have the money to go down the pub and go on holidays together and be basically carefree.
They still find the time to moan though. Makes me wonder when some people will realise what the real world is like. :roll:

Ah ok and they wont. As long as most of them can get pissed they are happy.

Mike
19-12-08, 07:34 PM
I am Peter Pan. I dont get old. I just get ever so slightly more mature. Allegedly.

But i do miss the days when Fudge bars were actually 10 pence.

wilson_sri
19-12-08, 07:39 PM
I miss being in the army, had some great times there. But apart from that nothing. Just looking forward to what the future brings!

Graeme
19-12-08, 08:43 PM
I miss full weekends decidated to my Nova, I feel I should work, do something around the house, or something family/misses oriented.

Dar
19-12-08, 10:13 PM
I'm off to woolies to get world tour. I've been playing GH3 for ages now so could do with more tunes.

marc novataken
19-12-08, 10:20 PM
im only 19 but i miss being young. 10 month old daughter is teething AGAIN!, serious health problems, skint at xmas, soon to be homeless, i hate being a adult:cry:lol

Fridge
19-12-08, 10:27 PM
what do I miss??????????????

my own hair

You don't miss hair, but you miss your own hair??
Do you have plugs or a piece?lol

As George Bernard Shaw said "Youth is wasted on the young" and i definatly wasted mine!!! I miss the opertunities i had when i was young that i never took advantage of and now wish i had. (Bit deep?:wtf: )
I can't beleive i used to hate games lessons which were free and now i pay good money to do similar sports!!

LEWI007
19-12-08, 10:46 PM
Muhahah I'm 17 :thumb: and not a worry in the world, Lifes great for me lol

Fridge
19-12-08, 10:54 PM
Muhahah I'm 17 :thumb: and not a worry in the world, Lifes great for me lol

Have you tried to get an insurance quote on something that has enough power to pull the skin off a rice-pudding yet?

LEWI007
19-12-08, 10:56 PM
Have you tried to get an insurance quote on something that has enough power to pull the skin off a rice-pudding yet?

With your name being "Fridge" would that have anything to do with you mentioning food ? :roll:

ade
20-12-08, 01:10 AM
lol!

skidmarkz
20-12-08, 11:57 AM
I miss the sunny summer days when all me and my mates had to worry about was making sure we had a pump and a few spare inner tubes and a few squid for drinks and sweets then disappearing off out for the day on out mountain bikes, or worrying where the few squid was going to come from so we could all get a few beers then try wheelying drunk all over the place.

I miss waking up to having my mates at the door asking where were off that day or swapping and trading bike bits and other such stuffs!

Oh to be in my teens again, there is so much i miss and feel at the ripe old age of 27 that its all passed me by and the fun days are long gone as i dont see the lads i grew up with anymore and havent for a few years and i miss them loads:cry:

couldnt have put it better myself :(

Dod
20-12-08, 12:31 PM
Ok, I used to have nightmarea about becoming older, loosing my hair (which I am unfortunately) and my Teeth falling out. Scary Sh1t indeed.

Things I missed were looking at the Clouds and watching them move, making my way through a field of Bushed and Jaggies etc, the smell of the damp soil and dead leaves, exploring locally, through wee streams etc and most of all, thinking a car with a loud exhaust was actually cool.

Ignorance was indeed Bliss.

I now watch the wee woman doing this, she's made a wee hut in the field next dorr, under the trees, on top of dead leaves and next to a stream. Not a care in the world.

Growing up SUCKS.

Rich
20-12-08, 06:35 PM
I miss not having to do anything, knocking on my mates doors to see if they wanna go out on the bikes, knock down ginger lol

No worries about money, £20 a week and i could easily save it up.