PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a C20LET lump..

Breeny
27-11-02, 09:10 PM
What will i need?

In my mind i need.. Driveshafts, Engine Mounts, Exhaust manifold, lump, box and wiring loom? Is that it?

Is it better to use the F28 box? i know that the F20's are readily available and easier to put in.

And before anyone reminds me yes i know i need to stitch weld the engine bay and get a gsi fuel tank!!

Ive read the gearbox linkage needs to be modifed... what need to be done?

Cheeers :D

jim sri
27-11-02, 10:56 PM
im droppin a 2.0 cav gsi lump in me nova, bit different i know to the turbo'd lump but il have the same probs-most i know how to get round (www.valvers.com) except the gearbox linkage mod???ne1 any ideas?

Austin_Nova16
27-11-02, 11:12 PM
F28 box will be a bit more hasstle....coz you'll ahve to make a new mount, and i think that the speedo cable could cause some probs.
You'll have to get the conversion part for it (4wd-2wd) which will cost about 150squid.

The linkage for the F20 is simple... just flip the nylon bit of the linkage over (will require a small bit of fileing.

(there are pics on www.valvers.co.uk that may help)[/url]

MC
28-11-02, 07:57 AM
Have you got a home in mind for your current engine?

Will
28-11-02, 12:58 PM
Look in the for sale section MC ;)

Breeny
28-11-02, 01:56 PM
I mailed you yesterday Mark.

MC
28-11-02, 02:44 PM
Sorry mate, that e-mail account is dead. PM me.

simon@novaheaven
29-11-02, 01:18 PM
speak to andy bishop, he did his engine conversion with a few mates and should be able to give u any advice or pointers you may need!

barnes
01-12-02, 04:01 AM
fitting the f28.

well, when ur stich welding you engine bay, drill out the spot welds that hold passenger side mount onto chasis leg. attach whole mount including metal bit that used to be on chasis leg to gearbox. fit engine in on other 2 mounts and angel whole lump in correct position with use of a jack, mark on where the pass side g/box mount needs to be welded onto. remove engine and weld mount back on.

or get a mount made up by a guy called gsidecturbo on mig, he is doing me one.

you should also consider a strengthenin kit as the turque going through the chasis is like awsome.

you really really need to get the astra inner and outer cv'd drive shafts. for the f28 you also should make use of the tas tie bar lowering brackets(not anti roll bar ones, whole tie bar needs lowered to clear g/box)

you need the std intercooler or a custom one. pref a 2.5 inch system.

life insurance????????????????

gearlinakge, well i dunno yet as i aint done mine, will let ya know when i do though

Ste_Nova
01-12-02, 11:37 AM
3" zorst is prefered
fit a brand new rad and austrailian spec stat

barnes
01-12-02, 01:53 PM
they std at 2.5' aint they ste? any more power, bigger exhuast.

aussie spec thermo? waaasssss that all about then?

Ste_Nova
01-12-02, 05:29 PM
a 3" will just fit with a dent in it where the gear selector is

cool stat to keep the engine cool

barnes
01-12-02, 05:54 PM
will 3' fit over back axle when car is lowered like with ease as me 2.5 inch was fairly close

dan16v
01-12-02, 06:01 PM
my 2.5 is fairly close 2!

andybishop
02-12-02, 01:45 PM
My 2.5" exhaust is really close over the beam and is also close going under the sump! I've got all the wiring diagrams and stuff if you need them.

andybnova@hotmail.com
www.novalution.co.uk