PDA

View Full Version : Last day at work today.

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:38 PM
Well christmas has started for me now.
Just a shame that i have no job as ive been paid to leave.
Happy days and all before christmas.
I cant wait for the party at Dars tomorrow night so i can get well and truly rat ar5ed lol.
Has anybody else broke up for chrimbo yet.
Happy christmas and a happy new year to you all.
:thumb:

FUSION X16XE
18-12-08, 05:39 PM
You been laid off or just holiday?

General Baxter
18-12-08, 05:41 PM
well i finish Friday, but iv been sent home today with man flu lol

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:41 PM
You been laid off or just holiday?

Laid off well offered a get out of work deal which was rather good dew to the postion im in at the mo.

chimp007_uk
18-12-08, 05:45 PM
I'm finished for Christmas. Had a shoulder op 2 weeks ago, and left Aston. Got a 5week holiday till i start at Bidgestone Motorsport in Jan.

Its said new about being made redundant! I got out of Aston just in time, many of my mates at Jaguar Land Rover and Aston have been told they're gone come January... Not good times!

Benn
18-12-08, 05:46 PM
Cat work out if its good or bad...

krobinson
18-12-08, 05:47 PM
Loads of people are getting Laid off at the moment, the country is well and truely ****ed.

Hope you have a good christmas/new year mate regardless.

brainsnova
18-12-08, 05:48 PM
i finished up christmas last year and spent the last years selling my mountain of cars and parts lol.

Mike
18-12-08, 05:48 PM
Ive got a couple of hours work tomorrow (about 4hours over in Coventry) so will make an easy £100 or so :D then thats it till Jan.

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:49 PM
Cat work out if its good or bad...

I have over 12k going into my bank on the 14th of jan.
I still live at home.
I have no morgage.
I have no bills/loans.
I hated working in honda as done 7 years on production line.
Why do you think i took the offer.
lol

Jack
18-12-08, 05:50 PM
I was in Monday and am off til the 6th Jan

Mike
18-12-08, 05:50 PM
Easiest 12 large ever by the sounds of it lol

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:51 PM
happy days.

FUSION X16XE
18-12-08, 05:52 PM
Laid off well offered a get out of work deal which was rather good dew to the postion im in at the mo.

Ahh thats sucks man....We had to terminate 40 peoples contracts yesterday, not a nice thing to have to do!

Adam
18-12-08, 05:52 PM
Not good, but it sounds like they made an offer too good to refuse.

I dont "finish for xmas" lol

Even working xmas eve and new year ffs :(

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:57 PM
That dont sound good Ad.Throw a sicky lol.

Adam
18-12-08, 05:57 PM
Im f**ked if i do another sicky.
I had to do that for Donny last sunday lol lol

Ernie
18-12-08, 05:59 PM
furry muff.

Benn
18-12-08, 05:59 PM
I have over 12k going into my bank on the 14th of jan.
I still live at home.
I have no morgage.
I have no bills/loans.
I hated working in honda as done 7 years on production line.
Why do you think i took the offer.
lol

Ah then nice! Party down Wayne, party down Garth.

Tidy Max
18-12-08, 06:02 PM
lol!

sorry to hear about that ernie, but from the sounds of things, could of been worse! have a good christmas!

we finish on monday, big tidy up then straight for a curry :)

Ernie
18-12-08, 06:05 PM
Ah then nice! Party down Wayne, party down Garth.

I would of been silly not to take it and free'ed up my job for somebody who has a house and stuff so realy need the job.
if you know what i mean.

Tidy Max
18-12-08, 06:06 PM
very selfless thing to do! pat on the back and +rep for you sir!

Ernie
18-12-08, 06:13 PM
Cheers have one back lol

Benn
18-12-08, 06:21 PM
I would of been silly not to take it and free'ed up my job for somebody who has a house and stuff so realy need the job.
if you know what i mean.

I do, nice of you too.

Ernie
18-12-08, 06:24 PM
I have no ties realy so thought i would save somebody else as had enough there realy.

Benn
18-12-08, 06:31 PM
Good man. Nice pay off too.

paddy138
18-12-08, 06:32 PM
Im working un a renault and opel garage and there is 5 people being laid off in january, bit of a bummer, hope im not one as im only an apprentice

Ernie
18-12-08, 06:34 PM
sleep with the Boss ftw lol.

paddy138
18-12-08, 06:42 PM
id rather be made redundant

twistysnovagte
18-12-08, 06:44 PM
couple of hours tidying securing site with the machine(digger)then off the pub with the lads for a few jolly one's tommorow

Ernie
18-12-08, 06:47 PM
sounds spot on mate but i have to pick the misses up from work at 10pm so no drinks here.
I will make up for it tomorrow at Dars.

Riggy
18-12-08, 07:31 PM
congrats chris , sounds like you made the right move , jump before your pushed lol ,

i finish tomorrow and then got works doo at night , free bar in manchester center all night lol then im back on the 5th jan ,

Adam
18-12-08, 07:45 PM
FFS, all these people got like 2weeks off :(

General Lee
18-12-08, 07:48 PM
Sounds like your going to have a few nice months of doing your car then chris, i've just been told i haven't got a job from christmas eve. Hey hoo

Ernie
18-12-08, 07:53 PM
i think we need to set up a group for jobless nova owners lol.

General Lee
18-12-08, 07:55 PM
poll

srs1
18-12-08, 07:55 PM
i'm there!

riggy, get your ar5e down here then if you have soo much time on your hands. need a hand with the french thing before it rusts to dust

Riggy
18-12-08, 07:57 PM
^^ yeah man will sort something out with you over xmas :thumb:

Jay
18-12-08, 09:14 PM
FFS, all these people got like 2weeks off :(

Dont worry Ad, i get 4 days holiday over xmas!

chris gsi
18-12-08, 10:09 PM
i finish at 5pm on christams eve and then go back on the sat 27th my boss is evil

just don't spend all your money on your nova spend it on mine insteadlol

Stuart
18-12-08, 10:14 PM
With a bit of luck I'll get the last of the good redundancy deals here :D w000t.... Looks like Chris and Me are the only two wronguns that are happy to be canned lol

Andy
18-12-08, 10:16 PM
I finished till 5th jan today.As im temp-permanenet i didnt get paid the bank holidays,only 2.5 days holiday i had accrued.The bosses are the greediest ****kers known to man.No card,not even a "merry xmas" Sweet fa.Everybody else got paid 2 weeks holiday plus a weeks normal wage.I got paid 1 week plus 20hrs.Which i have to make last until 9th January.Bearing in mind i have my own house,mrs and a little girl to support.Oh and water gas and electric bill came through yesterday adding up to £400.Tis the season to be jolly?? Nah i dont think so

Adam
18-12-08, 10:22 PM
On a good note everyone on my place was given two bottles of red wine today :roll:

Oh well, thats a xmas present for someone sorted out :cool: lol

Simon 1867
18-12-08, 10:22 PM
wish i was breaking up for christmas....Think of me on christmas day, im a fireman and am working all over christmas and new year.

Merry Christmas everyone

Pistol Pete
19-12-08, 01:05 AM
lol fair play on taking the money Ernie. I am wearing my wellies to work after crimbo, to re-board the sinking HMS Honda lol Not long finished my last shift of 2008!! Yay!!

Ernie
19-12-08, 09:52 AM
good on you pete.
Just watch out for the rats coming out on your way in.

Southie
19-12-08, 10:00 AM
wish i was breaking up for christmas....Think of me on christmas day, im a fireman and am working all over christmas and new year.

Merry Christmas everyone

A lot of respect for you guys :thumb:

I break up on tuesday and go back on the 5th of Jan :D
Hopefully going to finish off the car over the break, then I can sell the van in the new year to fund for all the in-laws presents :cry:

robertdevlin69
19-12-08, 10:09 AM
well i was told i could start in a haulage company driving a transit if i bought it meself,so i paid out 3k for a van,only to get a phonecall no more than an hour later to say that the companys gone bust...........ive got a transit a berlingo and a combo sat in me garden and cant sell any of them,this resession bollox is hittin everywere,happy chistmas and happy new year

Stuart
19-12-08, 10:27 AM
I finished till 5th jan today.As im temp-permanenet i didnt get paid the bank holidays,only 2.5 days holiday i had accrued.The bosses are the greediest ****kers known to man.No card,not even a "merry xmas" Sweet fa.Everybody else got paid 2 weeks holiday plus a weeks normal wage.I got paid 1 week plus 20hrs.Which i have to make last until 9th January.Bearing in mind i have my own house,mrs and a little girl to support.Oh and water gas and electric bill came through yesterday adding up to £400.Tis the season to be jolly?? Nah i dont think so

Andy, its worth calling the bill companies and explaining the situation sooner rather than later so that they might be able to help you (eg possibly take less cash for now, or delay the bill date etc). The sooner you call them up the better as it will look good on your part and they might be more willing to sort you out.

srs1
19-12-08, 10:58 AM
wrong stu, i was absolutely made up i was getting made redundant. me and another lad in work were the only ones.

now i'm three weeks, one day and 3 hours and ten minutes in..............

well

wish i was back in work. wish ernie would post out the rc car for me. desperate for something to do. lol

Ernie
19-12-08, 11:20 AM
getting it sorted today fella.
I will leave the mud on it aswell so you can have fun cleaning it off lol.

srs1
19-12-08, 11:27 AM
cheers

dave.gsi
19-12-08, 01:48 PM
i'm another one out of work. been off for a week now and before that i'd been doing 3 day weeks. i've got about 60 quid in my pocket and work doesn't normally pick up till january 10-15th.

being self employed and in the building trade is not a good look at this time of year :cry:

srs1
19-12-08, 01:59 PM
it is hard times for all dave. you signed on? atleast you get £60.50 a week.
my mate was laid off a few months ago and he also was self emplyed. he gets nothing.

if you have paid your ni for the last 2 years you are entitled to claim, also. go the citizens advice as you can claim redundantcy money through the government. this also comes out of the NI contribution.
worth a shot if it can atleast keep you afloat.

i hear the woolworths staff have been given absolutely no support at all over there job loses. its bad enough loosing your job, but for the company not to offer any support, well thats a proper kick in the face to top it off

Benn
19-12-08, 02:19 PM
i hear the woolworths staff have been given absolutely no support at all over there job loses. its bad enough loosing your job, but for the company not to offer any support, well thats a proper kick in the face to top it off

Its what normaly happends. I got my wages in cash(small amount) and told i was sacked.

dave.gsi
19-12-08, 02:48 PM
haven't been the dole office, i signed on a few years ago and it took them a month to give me my first payment........i should be back at work by then!

also, being self employed i doubt i'd be entitled to anything because technically i'm not unemployed, its just quiet at the moment. add that to the fact you have to show them your actively looking for work in that stupid little diary they give you, and the fact the wallasey job centre is full of the scum of the earth, all for £60 a week...................its really not worth the hassle, especially when you factor in how much more comlicated my tax return will be in april if ive been self employed and on benefits.......

i'm just going to borrow some cash of the other half to get through new year and pay her back when work picks up again (fingers crossed thats sooner rather than later!)

srs1
19-12-08, 02:50 PM
we got loads of help. my boss who was sent home on garden leave was brilliant prior to his garden work lol.

set up cv writing sessions (i got out redidential english degree candidate in to write them all up)
he got the boss of the job center plus to come in and discuss all benefits and other things we can claim for.
gave us time off to search for jobs, go on training courses etc

cant really get any better then that, made the whole situation less stressfull for the rest of the staff.

Andy
19-12-08, 03:06 PM
Dave,dont you have an accountant to do it for you?
Are you properly self employed or sc 60?
I was sc60 last year and was on dole may-july and still claimed back 1800 this year.

CP
19-12-08, 03:32 PM
Ernie.
1. £12k in your account.
2. No house
3. No ties.

would mean 1 thing to me if I was a young old boy like you....

Travelling.

Seriously this a gold plated opportunity. Get the fook away somewhere interesting what have you to lose?

Stuart
19-12-08, 03:37 PM
Hmmmmm got a toughie now.... The redundancy offer is about £5K higher than I expected..... But not sorted the details for the new job yet lol

craig green
19-12-08, 04:33 PM
i think we need to set up a group for jobless nova owners lol.

Good idea.

I have to wait until 4pm Monday to hear wether my job is still there Tuesday or not......

Good move though Ern, sounds like there was only really one option.

Ernie
19-12-08, 05:21 PM
Cheers all.
As for the travelling it does sound like fun.

Pistol Pete
19-12-08, 05:30 PM
lol i'll look after the Nova side of things for you!! At the rate i get stuff done it might have moved forward abit by the time you return!

Ernie
19-12-08, 05:34 PM
it may of court on fire aswel lol.

Pistol Pete
19-12-08, 05:35 PM
:mad: :cry: :roll: :eek: lol

djshaggeh
19-12-08, 06:44 PM
My last day tommorow I finish at 12.30 and Im off til the 5th of January. I got paid today too - its all gravy.

Ive had long spells of unemployment too and know what it feels like. With regards to the jobcentre, I found the staff polite and helpful - you do get some bums/crackheads/social misfits in there but you dont have to speak to them?! The money is yours to claim (if youve been in work for 2 years) so why not claim it.

Ernie - Your a bastid! 12k Nice!

Right im off to prepare my radio set, Im on in an hour. Links in my signiture. Happy Christmas to all :)