PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 8v into a sr

napalm_27
18-12-08, 02:07 PM
hi people iv got a 1.8 8v that i got for nothing :D and im going to put it in my nova iv got the complete setup, but iv got half the bits from my old calibra only using the 1.8 engine and loom out of mate astra then using the f20 and equal length shafts from the calibra. etc. will i need anythink like smaller outter cv's to make it all fit? quick few hints and tips would be helpful
regards nathan

craig green
18-12-08, 02:11 PM
You will still need a custom shaft for the equal length setup. Chris Asley does them IIRC. I'd be tempted to put it in on a smallblock box (F13/15) so you dont need expensive shafts etc.

Is it a multi point inj 1.8? The single point jobbie from the likes of late Cav's are pants & less power than the GTE 1.6 engine.

napalm_27
18-12-08, 02:13 PM
its a gte 1.8 :D multi point thats been tinkered with

craig green
18-12-08, 02:16 PM
Ah good. I'm a fan of the old 1.8E engines. It should have the twin butterfly inlet?

napalm_27
18-12-08, 02:20 PM
not sure mate its still in the car running just waitin for my mate to sort his redtop out so i can convert it for him then do mine in my own time.

just looked on chris astley site and has nothing about equal length shafts just the solid single shafts would i just need the near side and the outer offside to be shorter?

Will F
18-12-08, 07:36 PM
you will need all the stuff you would if you fitted a 2L...

shafts, mount etc

Lee
18-12-08, 07:43 PM
I wouldnt bother faffing around with an equal length setup, the 1.8 is hardly going to suffer badly with torque steer. Use 22 spline nova shafts with cav mk2 1.6 inner CV's instead.

As Will said, look in the articles section for the 2.0 fitting guide, you will need to do the same to fit the 1.8.

And as Craig said, Im also a big fan of these engines, lots of grunt!