PDA

View Full Version : I'm lazy, will someone tell me how to fit front window surrounds

moffat
16-12-08, 07:50 PM
could anyone maybe make a guide on fitting front window surrounds as i am planning on fitting them to a mk2 swing. help would be great thanks in advance.

craig:thumb:

AlexW
16-12-08, 07:52 PM
There simple as long as you have the correct rubbers. Just lay it all out. Put down the biggest window and remove the 1/4light.

moffat
16-12-08, 07:53 PM
could you take some pics when you do yours mate?

AlexW
16-12-08, 07:56 PM
Aye i will do as soon as i get the rubbers somwhere lol :roll:

Jack
16-12-08, 08:31 PM
Haynes has instruction on this

Essentially...

1. Remove door card

2. Undo 10mm(?) bolt holding the dividing spar in

3. Undo the two screws at the top of said spar. Remove the inner and outer rubbers

4. Wind window down, remove main rubber seal and centre divider

6. Remove quarterlight

7. Remove wing mirror - take off the interior panel in the corner of the door, three screws behind it. Don't drop it.

8. Insert the new main rubber seal around the window

9. Lay out the window frames and fit in sequence - can't remember the exact fitting sequence but you'll see which ones overlap when you lay them out. And for Gods sake, don't bend them lol

9. Remove old rubber surround from quarterlight and fit the new one. If you've ordered from Mr Smith, skip this step as he won't have sent you the rubber surround to go with the frames :p

10. Refit quarterlight, then dividing spar. Wind window back up to straighten things up.

twistysnovagte
16-12-08, 08:34 PM
yes they are very fragile and is pretty simple to do just abit of time and patience will see you there,if you balls it up i have a set for salelol :p :D