PDA

View Full Version : BMW are quiet

white2lSR
16-12-08, 07:24 PM
The BMW needs new rear trailing arm bushes so i phoned up to see how much they would be to have them fitted. They said the bushes were £15 each, and fitting would be £350 all in including lazer wheel alignment. I thought sod that, ill just buy the bushes and do it at work myself! Then the guy said there would be a bit of discount to go on that, he comes out with it......£200!
Apparently there is no work for the mechanics so everything seems to be getting discounted to encourage people to stay loyal to the main dealers.

Im going to leave it till tomorrow, phone them back and see if they will do it any cheaper, its worth a try!

Its worth bearing in mind that in the current state of the econamy we are now able to haggle for most things because EVERYONE has less money :thumb:

Benn
16-12-08, 07:26 PM
Bmw have a bodyshop i beilever too, was in there on friday last week.
Bare in mind this is there only bodyshop in the aear and has all the insureance work and they had............................................... ...............

2 Cars in.

Stuart
16-12-08, 07:30 PM
hmmm time to blag a cheap respray me thinks :D

Welsh Dan
16-12-08, 07:31 PM

What happened to the rollers idea?

Stuart
16-12-08, 07:32 PM
What happened to the rollers idea?

if some spray firm on their knees will do it cheap then it saves me getting dirty lol

Welsh Dan
16-12-08, 07:33 PM
Aww, you big tart :p.

DW-Nova
16-12-08, 07:37 PM
It really is the time to get a bargain at the moment !! someone i know enquired about a price for a service on his BMW at the local main dealers and the said that they charge £25 PER HOUR labour, that is crazy cheap for BMW !!

Benn
16-12-08, 08:02 PM

Thatsa the best bit about the "credit crunch" you can get sooooooooooooooo many bargins are to be had.

Novasport
16-12-08, 08:06 PM
I work for a BMW dealer and we are still stacked out!!! We have a weeks lead time and we are a few hours overbooked every day this week.
We are getting the odd person trying to get a better deal but its pretty much business as usual, we have even had to get techs doing overtime to cope with the additional work/recoverys!

General Baxter
16-12-08, 08:09 PM
i just had the patrol cam belt done, (local garage) £125 for the belt and tensioner, then 6 hours labour = £50 lol

Novasport
16-12-08, 08:09 PM
if some spray firm on their knees will do it cheap then it saves me getting dirty lol

Problem is when the paint starts peeling off in a few months time cos the painters cant be ****d as they know the place is going to the wall! And you won't be able to take it back as its not there anymore.

Nice to see people cashing in on other peoples misery:thumb: :(

Stuart
16-12-08, 08:47 PM
Problem is when the paint starts peeling off in a few months time cos the painters cant be ****d as they know the place is going to the wall! And you won't be able to take it back as its not there anymore.

Will be better than it left Norfolk in the first place in that case :thumb: :cool:

Nice to see people cashing in on other peoples misery:thumb: :(

not everyone has to suffer in an economic downturn :D those who make good use of the bargins/cheapness of it all are merely making the most of what they have :D Infact some folks make more money in these times than in the so called "good times" lol

Mike
16-12-08, 08:50 PM
then 6 hours labour = £50 lol

£8 an hour labour! Fcuk they must have really needed the work or there cheap as chips!

AlexMcMann
16-12-08, 09:23 PM
Can't argue with a discount!

General Baxter
16-12-08, 09:59 PM
mates rates, lol

when i do the engine change, im allowed in there to do it, several 4 post ramps, and a heater lol

Nick J
16-12-08, 10:19 PM
I too work for Bmw in the bodyshop.... We are still very busy mainly due to insurance contracts etc although private work has eased off, Our service dept though are a little light on work however I know one thing.... There prices at £100 plus an hour have not changed one bit!

DW-Nova
18-12-08, 10:39 PM
i just had the patrol cam belt done, (local garage) £125 for the belt and tensioner, then 6 hours labour = £50 lol

£8 an hour labour! Fcuk they must have really needed the work or there cheap as chips!

/\ Very cheap ! either a really good deal or they didnt actually bother doing the job and kept the cambelt for themselves ! Seriously i know of someone (no names mentioned lol) who had a fiesta in for a new engine, upon further inspection all it was was a sensor !! so he changed the rocker cover from the blacktop to silver and steamed the engine off a good un and still charged the full price, be aware ! (sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread !!)

dj_wudgey
19-12-08, 02:47 PM

im thinking the same lol

Jack
19-12-08, 03:32 PM
PNG respray group buy? lol

craig green
19-12-08, 03:34 PM
Going by the redundencies I keep hearing about regarding my local BM dealer, I guess they arent coping so well.