PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Subaru!

xxspudxx
16-12-08, 11:23 AM
For those of you who are interested in rallying Subaru and Suzuki have pulled out off WRC!!!

Most be a case of running out of money/subaru are **** these days, havent been competitive for past 2/3 season!!

Will seem weird not having subaru in the wrc, Citroen and Ford it is then, how boring!

Southie
16-12-08, 11:25 AM
I say bring back group b.

turbojolt
16-12-08, 11:27 AM

i agree but will never happen again

rally cross appears to be the closes o the old group b cars

any way that will tech subaru for making that ugly hatchback

Pistol Pete
16-12-08, 11:30 AM
This is a big shock and a shame IMO. They helped build the legends that were/are Colin McRae and Richard Burns (RIP guys) and have been a name known to rallying for decades. For them to pull out spells the possible end for the WRC in my eyes. Now that only Ford and Citroen remain it will become a boring championship. Also two good drivers, (Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson) are now without jobs/drives for next season.

Maybe Dave Richards (Prodrive Boss) can have his F1 team after all!!

Jack
16-12-08, 11:34 AM
Not surprised, its been a Ford vs Citroen race for years now.

I'm wondering if Toyota had anything to do with it, there's quiet whisperings they're up to something involving a 4wd rally style car using Subaru tech (feck knows why, they're more than capable of making their own decent 4WD turbo setup). As to whether it'll come to anything I doubt it.

dj_wudgey
16-12-08, 11:35 AM

i also agree!! lol well im gutted now it will be boring watching wrc now well hopefully soon some other manufacturers will have a bash at rallying!!!

Lee
16-12-08, 12:32 PM
This is odd seeing as they've just brought out a smaller more compact Impreza to compete with the the two big boys!

So, soon to be only two manufacturers in WRC, one in BTCC, and if that knob jockey Ecclestone has his way and implements the medals system in F1, probably only 2 or 3 teams there as well in the future.

Its going to be a sad year for motorsport.

Shaun_O'Donnell
16-12-08, 12:36 PM

Very true

Pistol Pete
16-12-08, 12:40 PM
...one in BTCC,...

:confused:

Seat have pulled out. Ford are coming to BTCC with Tom "bedhead" Chilton +1, BMW (rumors of Andy Priaux doing a few rounds aswell!!)), Honda, and Vauxhall are still there. The BTCC will still be a good series IMO in '09.

F1 will also be good IMO.

And then theres the 2 wheeled action. Now thats racing IMHO!!!!:cool: :thumb:

Welsh Dan
16-12-08, 12:42 PM

Two wheels only consitutes half a vehicle! :p.

I'd love to see that Finnish rally event that James May went to take off over here.

Pistol Pete
16-12-08, 12:43 PM
lol bike sports smarty pants lol

Always good close racing!

Lee
16-12-08, 12:48 PM
:confused:

Seat have pulled out. Ford are coming to BTCC with Tom "bedhead" Chilton +1, BMW (rumors of Andy Priaux doing a few rounds aswell!!)), Honda, and Vauxhall are still there. The BTCC will still be a good series IMO in '09.

F1 will also be good IMO.

Only Seat and Vauxhall are factory teams. The Hondas and BMWs are all private teams. If Ford do turn up before the accountants get hold of it, thats still only two factory teams after Seat bow out.

When you compare it to the 90's where nearly every single manufacturer who made a saloon car had their own BTCC team, no matter how many ex WTCC guys, or drivers with bad haircuts, its still bloody piss poor IMO

I agree F1 should be a good one with some excellent rule changes as far as the cars go, but I firmly believe if that idiot implements the medals system, it will kill it stone dead. Whos going to bother spending vast amounts of money with no chance of earning any medals?

EDIT: ... and bikes are for queers lol

Welsh Dan
16-12-08, 12:57 PM
lol bike sports smarty pants lol

I know :p.

Pistol Pete
16-12-08, 01:10 PM
Only Seat and Vauxhall are factory teams. The Hondas and BMWs are all private teams. If Ford do turn up before the accountants get hold of it, thats still only two factory teams after Seat bow out.

When you compare it to the 90's where nearly every single manufacturer who made a saloon car had their own BTCC team, no matter how many ex WTCC guys, or drivers with bad haircuts, its still bloody piss poor IMO

I agree F1 should be a good one with some excellent rule changes as far as the cars go, but I firmly believe if that idiot implements the medals system, it will kill it stone dead. Whos going to bother spending vast amounts of money with no chance of earning any medals?

Yeah fair point. A return to the '90's era of touring car would be a welcome one IMO. But i cant see it ever happening!

lol bikes are for queers? More like wimps :p ;) lol

Welsh Dan: i know you know that you know lol ;)

AlexW
16-12-08, 02:07 PM
Such a shame :( Subaru are IMO one of the better know WRC teams. I get your point that they havnt been competive latly.

L14MNP
16-12-08, 02:13 PM
Damn shame. All motorsport involving cars has turned **** bar rallycross IMO.

Well said BTW Pete (1st page) Fully agree mate.

scott.parker
16-12-08, 02:31 PM

Plus the F1 coverage has been given back to BBC,so at least we can watch "ALL" of the race now lol

Mike
16-12-08, 06:02 PM
Suzuki pulled the plug on there motorsport sector as they overspent millions on development ;) ive had a sneaky preview at this years Swift and spoke to some of the guys in the UK and was told this.

My moneys on the GM re-entering the WRC if they can find a buyer. Citreon will trounce Ford aswell.

Jack
16-12-08, 06:43 PM
Citreon will trounce Ford aswell.
Situation normal then lol

Mike
16-12-08, 06:44 PM
^ Pretty much yes lol

AlexMcMann
16-12-08, 09:25 PM
Won't be the same without Subaru :( Although the new car is hideous so that may be a blessing.

xxspudxx
17-12-08, 08:09 AM
Situation normal then lol

Getting quite boring now if you ask me!