PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

shaneyboi35
15-12-08, 11:01 PM
right guys im ordering my coilovers in the next week but i need a bit of advise,
should i pay out the bitt extra for the dampaning adjustable ones or is the fixed shock good enough?

what coilovers are you using on your novas and do i really need dampaning adjustable ones??
cheers

AlexW
15-12-08, 11:19 PM
Who are you planning on buying from? If you sign up you get a rather large discount with Gaz coilovers.

shaneyboi35
16-12-08, 05:46 PM
well i have seen a few good looking pairs on rim style.
yes i was planning on signing up, what are the gaz coilovers they offer at discount?

loggyboy
16-12-08, 05:50 PM
Depends on the use. if you just want it for the looks then its pointless spending extra. but IMO if you like to be able to tweek your ride between comfort and performance then adjustabnle shocks are a good way to help out.

Will F
16-12-08, 06:31 PM
the pikey kits (less than £400) are false economy.

Absolute garbage;)

burgo
16-12-08, 06:35 PM
the pikey kits (less than £400) are false economy.

Absolute garbage;)that includes the spax rsx kit then which have been proven to work very well

BRoadGhost
16-12-08, 06:41 PM
Tarmac cars shouldn't need remote reservoirs as much as something like a zumping gravel spec nova as they shouldn't be stroking as much beit with stiffer rates.

So with that in mind I wouldn't push to penske just get something moddest for around the 1K mark inc mounts & bolts etc.

Rich
16-12-08, 06:52 PM
I would recommend signing up to the club before you purchase a set :)

Benn
16-12-08, 07:00 PM
that includes the spax rsx kit then which have been proven to work very well

Have they? I had a set and they where utter toss, started leaking with in 6months, bumpy and harsh even when set on soft.

Ste L
16-12-08, 08:07 PM
that includes the spax rsx kit then which have been proven to work very well
spax retail at £530+ iirc, so they dont fall below that price ;)

Have they? I had a set and they where utter toss, started leaking with in 6months, bumpy and harsh even when set on soft.

i've had mine for well over 1 year and and they are still just as good as when they was new, and not hard at all when set soft...

burgo
16-12-08, 08:50 PM
no you can get them new for about £300 now ste and benn both olly and skidmarkz run spax rsx and ive had mine for years an never had a problem with them

MC
16-12-08, 09:05 PM
Tarmac cars shouldn't need remote reservoirs as much as something like a zumping gravel spec nova as they shouldn't be stroking as much beit with stiffer rates.

So with that in mind I wouldn't push to penske just get something moddest for around the 1K mark inc mounts & bolts etc.

Or why not go the whole hog and comission Lotus to design and build your very own setup! lol

skidmarkz
16-12-08, 09:06 PM
Spax RSX are wicked, very smooth on soft but more caperble than i need on track also :)

RSX for £300 ? ouch dont say that :(

Benn
16-12-08, 09:29 PM
Maybe mine where just poo.

Ste L
16-12-08, 09:37 PM
no you can get them new for about £300 now ste and benn both olly and skidmarkz run spax rsx and ive had mine for years an never had a problem with them

yes you can get them for £300(mine cost £250 brand new), but the rrp is 500+, thats what i ment ;)

Will F
16-12-08, 10:07 PM

You cant, well not through 'High St' retailers... Spax are pretty good, I wasnt referring to them.