PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Mk1 1200cc Gte Replica

Lee
15-12-08, 06:37 PM
Basically I dont want to sell this car, but my Girlfriend, who will mostly be driving it, can't get on with a manual choke no matter how hard she tries. To give her her due, the nova is quite tricky to start in cold weather anyway as it needs a damn good service, but im going to have to get either a 1200 SPi or a 1400 SRi or any other injection model so she can just jump in and drive it.

Specification.

1200 Carb Manny choke
ATE callipers and 256mm grooved discs
Fully polybushed on the front.
Full MK2 GSi interior (apart from Dash unfortunately)
Recent new rear shoes
50mm lowering springs
Full scorpion stainless exhaust, mounted to a GSi/GTe manifold.
CD player.
15 inch Compomotive MO's with brand new tyres
80K on the clock

Bad points (only a few)

Does need a service, as its more of a ballache to start than it would be normally, but once its warm its a pleasure to drive.

Front shocks need replacing for shortened pistons, but I would change the whole setup IMO as it bottoms out due to the springs being old and weak, and the shocks being standard and oil instead of gas.

Drivers side needs painting, as Its very patchy due to repairs Ive done meaning to respray the car in the summer (if we were to keep it). (ill upload pics tomorrow)

Wheel bearings are just starting to quietly rumble a bit. Loads of miles left, but need to bear it in mind.

Some other niggles are the backbox doesnt sit right, the tailpipe needs heating up and bending out towards the N/S, and the passenger seat is a bit tired and bendy lol. The MO's need a refurb as well.

Bodywork wise, its pretty damn clean, its just got the odd dent here and there which you would expect for its age.

10 months MOT and some tax (will update when Ive checked)

Im also throwing in a 1400 SR head (head contains lifters to go with cam, head is not for use on the 1200) complete with cam and dizzy setup, with a 1300 manifold and a weber 32/34 with KnN filter. All the bits you need to make the 1200 as good as it can be! (its running 1400 jets so will probably need 1300 / 1200 jets for this engine) ( i may sell the webber setup seperately if offered the right amount)

Grill is now meshed and colour coded to the car due to the one pictured being stolen by pikey **** bandits!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/08052008059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/08052008060.jpg

For the car with all the extra goodies I would want £1000 no offers OR I would swap for a nice clean equivalent injection nova (bar 1.6's) depending on whats offered. PM me about swaps.

For the car without the MO's and the goodies, id take £700

That what I feel the car is worth giving whats included against what needs doing to it.

Also, I am having to sell my other car, so as of Friday, this will be my only vehicle whilst I sort out my poorly van, so unless a swap is offered, I wont be able to let the car go until my vehicle is sorted out.

Thanks for looking :thumb:

2lbill
15-12-08, 07:01 PM
how much would you sell the wheels for mate.

Lee
15-12-08, 07:07 PM
Not selling the wheels seperately. They go with the car or not at all, id rather keep them.

novaowner999
15-12-08, 07:18 PM
what happened to back bumper lee by the zorst, cool png sticker on boot looks sweet

Lee
15-12-08, 07:27 PM
It came like that when I bought the bumper, I think the valence was cut to accomodate a twin exhaust.

VXandy
15-12-08, 07:49 PM
Would you be interested in a BMW 316 E36 Coupe? Its only covered 80k and has long T&T

Thanks

Lee
15-12-08, 08:01 PM
Tempting pal, but no, I need another nova as its her first car (shes not even passed yet).

VXandy
15-12-08, 08:16 PM
Tempting pal, but no, I need another nova as its her first car (shes not even passed yet).

Not to worry thanks anyway!

Plug
16-12-08, 11:10 AM
How much for car and Mo's no goodies.

How long you reckon til you will have another car or fix the van?

Just wandering on time scale whether i could save it up in time.

Regard's Jimbo

Lee
16-12-08, 11:19 AM
The LOLvo is going friday hopefully, then i really want to have the van sorted the following week, so after christmas is when im probably looking to let it go.

Without the carb and other bits id knock 100 off.

Plug
16-12-08, 12:10 PM
Alright well don't put me down yet as christmas is pretty pound stretching as it is. I will see if the bank man can sort me out in the new year.

Regard's Jimbo

Lee
16-12-08, 12:12 PM
I know mate, im not holding out too much hope of selling TBH lol

Ill be 'baying it after xmas if theres no more interest.

craig green
16-12-08, 02:39 PM
Put a wanted ad up for manual choke lessons!

Good luck with the sale though, it looks a nice Nova (in the pics).

Saloony
12-01-09, 10:31 PM
This is a very solid nova... i know i mot'd it lol

Andy_L
23-01-09, 03:03 PM
Still for sale Lee or has it been bayed?

Lee
23-01-09, 03:11 PM
Baying it this weekend after ive given it an ignition service. Refuses to start at the moment, but that is due to the dizzy cap being one hundred years old lol

jimbob-mcgrew
23-01-09, 07:35 PM
keep it man, its a beast! should just drop an SPI/MPI block into it for your mrs.