PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely fecking typical!

ade
15-12-08, 06:13 PM
I have man flu

I had man throat over the weekend and woke up this morning to full blown man flu!

The the local synus patrol drilling behind my eyes! :eek::tard:

I've never felt so BAD in all my life!

And to top it all I came in tonight and my boiler is broken and the house is FREEZING!

We have am emergency call out for central heating and pay a bomb to get it fixed for free and the earliest they can come out is THURSDAY!

THURSDAY!

Dont the understand I'm dying with MAN FLU!

:mad::mad::mad:

The wifes working away aswell and just laughs telling me to get over it its only a "sniffle".

Sniffle?!? SNIFFLE!!! I fell asleep on the train on the way home tonight and woke up to a trail od SNOTTERS pouring from my left nostril - jerked up and had this trail dangling :eek:

How undignified!

:cry::cry:

kelbelle
15-12-08, 06:15 PM
pmsl
Im sorry I shouldnt laugh but you paint such a pretty picture

Stuart
15-12-08, 06:15 PM
vodka and orange is the only solution

Mike
15-12-08, 06:16 PM
Gutted mate, ive not long passed my nasty aggy flu onto to some other unsuspectin @unt lol

brainsnova
15-12-08, 06:17 PM
what kind of boiler have you got?

Lynsey
15-12-08, 06:17 PM
Or whisky and lemon. Mmmmmmm, with honey.

Get well soon Mr :) at least you SHOULD be over it by Christmas :D

Spudly
15-12-08, 06:30 PM
I second Lynz`s words of advice ade, bung a few sleeping bags over your bed get a nice hot honey and lemon down ya and bury yourself in a load of layers in bed and get yaself nice and toasty and sweat it out:thumb:

ade
15-12-08, 07:42 PM
what kind of boiler have you got?

Its an ideal Icos M3080 summut or other.

Has a little digital screen that says "c" when in normal mode (heating) - and the on off light is glowing red (cannae recall if its supposed to be green). Anyway tried the IT off and on thing and it still doesnt kick in.

No smell of gas and the digital readout is showing nothing - no error code or anything - really weird!

Work fine this morning...

As for remedies - a hot toddy is my current solution -

Big "comfy" mug (has to be your favourite one
add -
3" of Jonny Walker
3" of hot water
a good glug of honey
some cinamon and a star annise/cloves

or if youre feeling festive some mixed spice

Inhale deeply - let your nostrils burn and then drink slowly

Guaranteed to send you to sleep!

Spudly
15-12-08, 07:43 PM
^^^Sounds a mint idea that one ade, get yourself wrapped up warm with one of those then:thumb:

ade
15-12-08, 07:44 PM
I wish - got 3 models on the go at the moment (novas not skantily clad ladies!) and will be spending the next 2 hours in a fecking freezing garage!

God I HATE deadlines!

Tidy Max
15-12-08, 07:51 PM
Its an ideal Icos M3080 summut or other.

Has a little digital screen that says "c" when in normal mode (heating) - and the on off light is glowing red (cannae recall if its supposed to be green). Anyway tried the IT off and on thing and it still doesnt kick in.

No smell of gas and the digital readout is showing nothing - no error code or anything - really weird!

Work fine this morning...

As for remedies - a hot toddy is my current solution -

Big "comfy" mug (has to be your favourite one
add -
3" of Jonny Walker
3" of hot water
a good glug of honey
some cinamon and a star annise/cloves

or if youre feeling festive some mixed spice

Inhale deeply - let your nostrils burn and then drink slowly

Guaranteed to send you to sleep!

bloody hell, sounds like something out of a 'Good Housewife' magazine that lol

i was just going to say hot toddy all the way!

Emmy
15-12-08, 07:53 PM
Oh no the dreaded man flu again :p shame to here about your heating ade, nothing worse specially when its so cold just now, hope it gets fixed soon they should have came out today or tomorrow first thing but to leave you waiting is a bit much.

General Baxter
15-12-08, 07:53 PM

just start poking it with a knife, some thing will warm up eventually lol

brainsnova
15-12-08, 07:57 PM
whats the boiler pressure at. it should be 1.5bar.

Lee
15-12-08, 08:07 PM
Just for the record, I feel fecking great and im next to a red hot radiator. :thumb:

CoolTiger
15-12-08, 08:18 PM
our boiler packed up this moring sittin on my pc in a coat lol,

just out of intrest how long does it take you to make the models

Cle
15-12-08, 08:23 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6EElqrgk4N0

General Baxter
15-12-08, 08:23 PM
lol my boiler has a pcb on it, one of the relays has ****ed up, so iv got 2p coin jammed in it,

BAXTER BODGE, been like that for about 4 months,

jimbob-mcgrew
15-12-08, 08:28 PM
ade man.. you been off the rails recently, i wont even ask, but i know u glaswegians are stronger than that.

ade
16-12-08, 12:30 AM
ade man.. you been off the rails recently, i wont even ask, but i know u glaswegians are stronger than that.

lol - nearly everyone at my work has had some kind or infection/cold/flu/bone ache trauma condition.

I was getting pains in my chest a few weeks ago (still not sure what it was - doc reckons heartburn :roll: - bag a sh1te.

Gave me antibiotics and been feeling a tad under the weather ever since. Now I've got this and its gone onto my chest. Aches when I breath and I can generate enough phlem to cement a house together!

:wtf:

Leeboo
16-12-08, 12:38 AM
Sorry but lmfaoroflcopter at the snotter trail comment.

I agree with everyone else though, just get drunk for a few days until it goes away.

ash anderson
16-12-08, 12:46 AM
I had this and its awfullJust Sweat it out FTW:thumb:
IIRC Hot Water and Black current Squash FTW Have been informed my 8year old sister is givein this break times in school for 20p
all i got was milk and buiscuits lol lol

kelbelle
16-12-08, 08:16 PM
aww ade, ill apologise on martins behalf, its his model keeping you ill

ade
17-12-08, 01:24 AM
aww ade, ill apologise on martins behalf, its his model keeping you ill

Have to admit the fumes from the spray gun arent helping lol

Although they do clear the sinuses.

And WHY is it that when wearing a spray mask the only thing you can smell is your own farts

:eek:

brainsnova
17-12-08, 02:02 AM
my mate said your boiler isnt the best :tard: sorry to be the bearer of bad news lol . Worcester Green Star FTW.

AlexW
17-12-08, 02:08 AM
AWW (i hadnt seen this thread before :eek: ) Poor ade.... Just remember, if you feel like you need help from any of us... dont ask us we dont want your man flu lol :D

And because your not ment to fart in your mask lol