PDA

View Full Version : my nova - keep or scrap?!?!-updated

bfuller
26-11-02, 04:20 PM
ok, i just bought a nova, and to be honest, its crap.

failed the mot on:

headlight aim
petrol leaking
leaking rear shock absorber
corroded and holed
excessive exhaust smoke
rear wiper bent

amongst other things,

so, do i keep it, and do the repair work, or scrap it and get another nova?

bearing in mind, its a 1987 e reg 1.2l, with crap paint, and spots of rust all over, and if i were to get another one, it would be a mk2, either 1.4sr, or an sri.

advice please

cheers lads!

Anton
26-11-02, 04:33 PM
If you have a big driveway keep it for spares and buy an sri :lol:

Nova1.6
26-11-02, 05:19 PM
keep it and use the good parts for ur next nova! dont scrap it, break it and make a few dollas!

?Marty?
27-11-02, 12:54 AM
Do what you like.

Look at K. He had a ?300 shitter. Now it stops traffic.

carltoncrazy
03-12-02, 06:17 PM
dont b beaten by the rust!!!

ade
04-12-02, 07:17 PM
you need to assess how much it will cost to repair against the cost of getting another and using the older one as spares. Its a mk1 so logically (sort of logically anyweay) get another mk1 - GTE etc...that way the parts will transfer ovr (most of them).

Dont scrap it - if you think the holes (non structural) are repairable and the other bits seem ok (smoke from zorst - what colour - could be a knackered engine) - you could fix it up.

It'll prob cost you to scrap it anyway...

Matt Finary
04-12-02, 08:40 PM
Keep it! Don't be beaten by it.

Matt :)

bfuller
07-12-02, 05:06 PM
right decided to keep it, gonna put in a 2.0 16v lump in to sort the engine probs out, and its going in for welding / rust removal next week

the project has begun, hopefully gonna do all the work myself, at the moment im working on a mk2 grille, which is gonna be chopped, and filled to fit the mk1 front end (gonna look sweet), and de-trimming/de-badging, no doubt i'll be posting about 50000 messages a day when things go wrong. pictures of the car in its current form soon.

have a nice day!

bfuller
07-12-02, 05:08 PM
1 more thing, the smoke that comes out is white/grey colour, oil, oil filter, and head gasket were changed in april, so anyone got any ideas what it could be??

cheers

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 10:46 PM
get us sum pixs m8 of the car,lots of post r gd,makes my day worth getting up for.
ave u seen my fucked met blue sr yet?