PDA

View Full Version : digi clocks not fitting in to the space

michael squeak
14-12-08, 03:44 PM
hi. ive just gone outside to fit my digi clocks in a mk2. im having trouble fitting then though. not with the wiring but with getting them in to the space.

is here anything i need to cut out/off?

mike

brainsnova
14-12-08, 03:45 PM
have you cut the lugs off the under side of the digi dash

Cle
14-12-08, 03:46 PM
Got the same problem with my SRI clocks wiring's fine but the top corners dont fit in easily

michael squeak
14-12-08, 03:58 PM
i cut 2 white lugs off the bottom. seem to be a really tight fit against the metal bits on the dash itself, and doesnt seem to go back far enough they hit the metal that holds the steering colum inplace

Cle
14-12-08, 04:00 PM
^^^ identical problem i have

brainsnova
14-12-08, 04:03 PM
its been a while since i fitted one but i rememeber triming back a few mm of each the plastic fixing holes at the bottom of the dashboard using a stanley knife but watch you dont slip and hit the dashboard. put a pic up of the opening. it defo fits in.

brainsnova
14-12-08, 04:05 PM
it sits over the dashboard at the bottom too not in behind like the old one.

michael squeak
14-12-08, 04:06 PM
ill be back

brainsnova
14-12-08, 04:09 PM
i know i was forgeting something but heres the answer courtesy of dave.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93645

michael squeak
14-12-08, 04:14 PM
ah forgot about how tos i evengot the wiring diagram off that lol.

pics still needed for any1?

Spudly
14-12-08, 04:31 PM
At the sides you have the metal clips that the dash shroud screws go into and a metal leg running from the bottom one to the top one, you will need something fairly sturdy i.e. a small hammer and knock the legs out slightly and when you do come to sit them in the screw clips will also be in the way and you will need to force the dash in past these, it wont break and will go in, trust me ive fitted four or five of them and its awkward but a little bit of patience and they will sit in and look factory.

HTH:thumb:

Btw i think this should really have been posted in tech section tbh bud!