PDA

View Full Version : choosing a car?!?

xxspudxx
13-12-08, 08:06 PM
I could do with a new daily runner, currently have a ibiza sport which is fine but just bored of it really.

I cant work out what i want next though, as im trying to think half sensible as looking to buy house early next year and got my nova to play with still so dont want to waste it all.

Just curious what people first look for to decide what they want in a car, looks, comfort, engine, handling, sound etc etc, as my mind changes every 2 mins

let_nova
13-12-08, 08:12 PM
golf mk4 gtitdi. really nice car.

Asa-James
13-12-08, 08:12 PM
cavalier. slow. boring. look like an old man if left standard.

but on the plus side, chep, comfortable, reliable, and some good ones cropping up at the mo

EDIT--steer clear of golfs...

brainsnova
13-12-08, 08:13 PM
i was thinking audi a3

L14MNP
13-12-08, 08:17 PM
Anything VAG, PDi engined with a remap, some replica rims and a set of FK's ticks all the boxes for a perfect daily runner IMO.

Jack
13-12-08, 08:31 PM
First thing I look for is whether or not its japanese. If not, I usually pass onto the next car lol

General Baxter
13-12-08, 08:32 PM
First thing I look for is whether or not its japanese. If not, I usually pass onto the next car lol

im sorry to say, this is true lol

xxspudxx
13-12-08, 08:49 PM

Whats celica like to live with day to day?

Dar
13-12-08, 08:52 PM
First thing I look for is whether or not its japanese. If not, I usually pass onto the next lol
Any Ting Tong Gen?:D

ade
14-12-08, 12:18 AM
If youre sticking to hatchback type models what about the Astra?

I likey the A3's - the missus had a pre facelift one a couple of yrs back on a company car - funky dashboard and really nice to drive!

Would defo get one and hold price nicely

Wait till Jan 09 though matey - 2nd hand dealers will beg you to take them off the forecourts!

Philsutton
14-12-08, 03:19 PM
When I looked for a daily driver I looked for something uber cheap and that I drive it into anything I wanted to.

Jack
14-12-08, 03:43 PM
Whats celica like to live with day to day?
Excellent but expensive. Remember these things cost £30k new... GT or ST is a very affordable option though

Asa-James
14-12-08, 10:23 PM
DONT BUY A DAILY DRIVER THAT MIGHT HAVE EVEN SOME PERFORMANCE! buy somthing really boring, so that when you drive your proper car again, it'll feel that little bit more special

matt_vaughan
14-12-08, 11:43 PM
Normal 2.0 Leon?

Really rather quick and quite nice too.

*Dave*
14-12-08, 11:51 PM
corsa b or another nova, i got another nova as a runabout. 1.2 so when i get it my good nova its feels even better. makes me apprieciate it more.

just something cheap, reliable and easy to fix...........easy old vaux!!

jimbob-mcgrew
15-12-08, 12:00 AM
DONT BUY A DAILY DRIVER THAT MIGHT HAVE EVEN SOME PERFORMANCE! buy somthing really boring, so that when you drive your proper car again, it'll feel that little bit more special

^ yeh i cant agree more with novasr-ish on this one. u should get something un-special, 1.4 spi mk.3 astra 5 door prob be best. they qualify for the cheap tax band, and being crappy spi they good on petrol, 5 door makes it no hassles with extra bodies, being an 8 valve vauxhall its gonna be reliable and replacement parts everywhere and cheap. and to finish off the deal, there cheap as, and the insurance is a lowish group too.

Jack
15-12-08, 07:18 AM
Speaking from experience I totally disagree with that.

I ran my old 1.2 saloon for a while alongside the Celica when I first got it. Suffice to say I very rarely wanted to drive the Nova, and eventually ended up selling it due to lack of use. Mexico Red, 2dr, H reg 1.2 with GSi dash and etc :(

Only reason I like driving the Nova now is the fun factor (and how its always trying to kill me), which is mainly down to the XE and shonky handling. Having said that, I'm not too worried that its been off the road for a month. But if it was a 1.6 or under I'd never want to drive it lol