PDA

View Full Version : steering lock

frog_southampton
26-11-02, 10:26 AM
m8 has just got a nova 1.3sr and has no steering lock?
thinks it might have been stolen b4....
would breakin steering lock do any real damage?

Dicko
26-11-02, 11:19 AM
depends how they did it, if they used some kind of tool like a chisel to break it then probably not, if they did it by wrenching at the steering wheel then they might have weakened the steering shaft.
When somebody atempted to steal my old sr they snaped the end off the shaft before the lock brock which ment the steering wheel came off . LOL

I still have the replacement i got which you can have for ?10 if you want to colect from stoke!! (cars going to be scraped due to rust)

Fester
26-11-02, 12:06 PM
youve still got the SR kicking about?

dikharvey
26-11-02, 02:36 PM
I've got n SR kicking about! Trying desperatly to seel all the bits off it before it goes to the scrappy.

Chris LR
26-11-02, 09:13 PM
You need to find out whats happened to the lock, you don't want it coming back at 70mph.

frog_southampton
27-11-02, 11:33 AM
his indicators dont go off when he goes round corners aswell...
he has to turn them off and put on by hand

PaulCartwright
04-12-02, 05:15 AM
the indicators are turned off by a little pin that poke's out of the back of the steering wheel.

as for the steering lock if the key barrel is still intact the locking pin is still in there somwhere!!!! won't be nice if it find's it's way into where it should be while ure doin 90mph!!!!!!!!!

damage from a broken steerin lock depend's on how it was broken, ive seen a whole colum torn off the rivets which hold it under the dash b4 the locking pin broke!!!!

i would check very carefully as this could result in a serious accident

Get It Checked ASAP!!!

carltoncrazy
04-12-02, 11:29 PM
see if the twat has cross thread the nut on the steering wheel,ive done that earlyer,
and make sure the spring behind the steering wheel.
2 b honest if its been in a serious accident,nobody would bother repairing an old SR.
oh and if any of the 2 s above r mettlic blue,then let me no,
IL BUY EM OFF YA