PDA

View Full Version : Opinion & help

c ryan
13-12-08, 04:36 PM
Ok new to site from accross the pond Ireland ,

Just looking for opinions on whether i should buy 2 novas

See my friend has 2 novas both 93 1.2 merits blue and grey
Body on blue one is mint but got hit on front needs wing and bonnet also someting up with engine wont thick over any help??? as engine only has 50k on it !!!!

I also know of a 5 door saloon( not sure what year) in scrap yard all panels very clean will the wing and bonnet fit the 2 door if its the same mark???

Grey one the engine is perfect but rusty patch behind back bumper may need new panel is this hard to source,

My plans for them is to fix both as a project, grey for run about and blue as a 2 liter long term project

Thanks for any help

Ps this site is the brill , project fourm very intresting and helpful :thumb:

Cle
13-12-08, 04:40 PM
Rear Panels of ebay are only £40 and about £15 postage. if his nova's are hatchback Saloon body parts wont fit.

Spudly
13-12-08, 04:42 PM
if his nova's are hatchback Saloon body parts wont fit.

They will but wont match up as saloons/five door novas have rounded arches whereas three door ones have squared ones.

But bolt for bolt they will fit on:thumb:

Cle
13-12-08, 04:47 PM
They will but wont match up as saloons/five door novas have rounded arches whereas three door ones have squared ones.

But bolt for bolt they will fit on:thumb:

I stand corrected :) i thought they were completly different

Spudly
13-12-08, 04:51 PM
Nope just the same tis only the actual shape of the arch that differs:thumb:

brainsnova
13-12-08, 04:53 PM
i always thought if the hatchback rear lights fit the saloon then loads of other parts do.

Spudly
13-12-08, 05:20 PM
Here ya go, Ollys nova before and after he fitted saloon/five door wings, hope ya dont mind me borrowing your pics to illustrate olly:thumb:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/neocapture/nc1049.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/neocapture/nc1056.jpg

c ryan
13-12-08, 05:24 PM
^^^Cheers for pic gives good idea of wat it would look like think if i do buy it ill be putting the square ones back on would look better imo