PDA

View Full Version : The MassDebate

Mike
13-12-08, 02:31 PM
What to do....

Keep with a 4 point bolt in rear cage & retain OE GSi front & rear cards

OR

Go nuts, fcuk all the trim off (roof lining included) weld in a 6 or 8 pointer, weld in a rear brace, tag A & B

Bearing in mind, once built, i wont be far of a clubman spec motor (only execption being bolt on stuff; Suspension, engine/box, sump/tank gaurds etc) and I'll maybe do just over 2k miles a year in it.

Give me some pro's & con's and try and persuade to me do one t'or other.

Let the preaching commence.....

Adam
13-12-08, 02:33 PM
What are you going use the car for mainly.....?

If you wont see much road use then id go full cage etc

Spudly
13-12-08, 02:34 PM
Lol i voted burgo as always, but id say for the oe interior tbh as im not a fan of the stripped out look really, plus aswell you will get pissed off with door bars in your way and having to shimmy out dukes of hazzard stylee even with the door open lol

Mike
13-12-08, 02:36 PM
The only road miles that'll go on this are going to and from RWYB days and PV shows etc

It'll have door trims just not OE ones ;) not common as muck carbon ones either ;) something nice and fresh on the scene that weights as much as carbon ;)

It'll also be having a 6 point adjustable rear ARB too :D

Dar
13-12-08, 02:36 PM
Full cage. You can still keep alot of the interior and the car will be a safer place to be.

Riggy
13-12-08, 02:42 PM
suck my burgo , but full cage :thumb:

Mike
13-12-08, 02:45 PM
Full cage entails - some extra bracing to my existing rear section (from single diagonal to a X) punched & swadged tagging, front section will have added front triangulation to strut tops through bulkhead, X door bars, X roof bar etc etc etc

Basically, a sheet load of rollcage goodness for when my "other" turbo engine will go in once Ive ran the current one in.

Lee
13-12-08, 02:47 PM
I dont have an opinion as such seeing as Im just happy you're still reasonably enthused in it :) But i will say the less comfy you make it, knowing you the quicker its going to pee you off lol

Mike
13-12-08, 02:50 PM
^ thats not really to true TBH Lee, i dont know if you remeber the old Sparco's that got nicked out of it, they were bearable for about an hour, but after that cronic back ache would set :( but saying that, even that didnt piss me off lol

Lee, if you go on the Euro Rallye site, youll see a (now) 1400 16v Citreon C2 for sale, that was our 2007 Super 1600 Cup Winning Car, i used to drive that thing about being far from annoyed at how un-comfy it was/is!

EDIT: lol lol @ edited thread title lol

Riggy
13-12-08, 02:54 PM
well is it done yet lol , get on with it boy

Mike
13-12-08, 02:55 PM
^ i got 3 weeks off over X-mas starting on the 19th :D need to get my hands on another 1600 engine soon aswell lol

Lee
13-12-08, 02:57 PM
EDIT: lol lol @ edited thread title lol

I felt it was more suitable lol

Ash
13-12-08, 05:07 PM
Simple trimmed panels with a monster cage FTW. Seen a few cars with trimmed cages too, kinda cool but pointless lol

Like that powerboat on top gear the other night - build it to it's best and then add just enough trim to make it comfortable. That's why my car has a dash albeat a very simple strip. My interior is far from done TBH

Benn
13-12-08, 05:15 PM
Adjust rear aint roll bar? Sounds very intresting...

Cage it up, abuse it on track, 1/4 and stuff and show it off in a " oh look at me with my cage" way..

xe Dan
13-12-08, 05:32 PM
go sick

Jack
13-12-08, 05:52 PM
Suck my nuts?

Mike
13-12-08, 06:05 PM
Adjust rear aint roll bar? Sounds very intresting..

Yeah, got the idea of a 106 Maxi GTi that a mate of mines building, uses a Corsa rear beam but his is 18 point adjustable. Its pish easy to do TBH, very surprised others dont run it TBH (easy brownie points when selling a shell aint it ;))

Benn
13-12-08, 06:25 PM
I bought a corsa white line rarb, but corsa the corsa beam is 25ish mm wider over all so i couldnt use it( didnt wanna cut and weld it)

Mike
13-12-08, 06:28 PM
^ yeah they are wider matey.

Thing is, the same principal (adj ARB on Corsa beam) is exactly the same for a Nova beam. Its easy to do, just need x4 M10+ rose joints and some Ore Bar (threaded bar)

Benn
13-12-08, 07:14 PM
^ yeah they are wider matey.

Thing is, the same principal (adj ARB on Corsa beam) is exactly the same for a Nova beam. Its easy to do, just need x4 M10+ rose joints and some Ore Bar (threaded bar)

Yeah been looking at making one myself in the same way (well with out rose joints)

Mazz
13-12-08, 09:29 PM
Bearing in mind, once built, i wont be far of a clubman spec motor (only execption being bolt on stuff; Suspension, engine/box, sump/tank gaurds etc) and I'll maybe do just over 2k miles a year in it.

Answered your own question there old pal :) Cage atw imo..