PDA

View Full Version : Any windscreen fitters on here?

Steve
13-12-08, 01:47 PM
I was learning this when I was 16 but gave it up, just wondered what the pay is like when your qualified as I want to get back into it.

Ive found a company that would be willing to take me on but there is a serious lack of work for them atm so there not taking on anyone else.

Pistol Pete
13-12-08, 04:42 PM
I was learning this when I was 16 but gave it up, just wondered what the pay is like when your qualified as I want to get back into it.

Ive found a company that would be willing to take me on but there is a serious lack of work for them atm so there not taking on anyone else.

lol :confused: So they are not taking you on then? What about people like Autoglass, RAC and the like?

FUSION X16XE
13-12-08, 05:23 PM
I got a job for you if you want it?

Steve
14-12-08, 12:54 AM
lol :confused: So they are not taking you on then? What about people like Autoglass, RAC and the like?
Thye are are a waste of time imo I applied three years ago to autoglass, heard nothing so chased them up, sorry its been filled. Then about 6 months ago they advertised again for trainees so I applied (even thought they said they would keep my details on file if another job came up) and heard nothing phoned up a week later and they said they were still going through them and to phone back next week, which I did, "sorry mate that was filled weeks ago" wtf!! :roll: timewasters beyond belief.

The company I applied to recently said they would take me on but they've got a serious lack of work atm. But he said once it picks up he'll give me a call, but he said it could be a week, a month, or a year..

Gonna ring them monday and see if they'll have me in once a week, at least get my foot in the door.

Cheers fusion, if I get the job i'll sort yours out first lol lol

Pistol Pete
14-12-08, 09:44 AM
They probably gave you the run around as you were not qualified. Out of order really, a simple yes or no would have done!

You might find things pick up after christmas, so yeah try and get your foot in the door. Good luck.

FUSION X16XE
14-12-08, 11:43 AM
Cheers fusion, if I get the job i'll sort yours out first lol lol

Top man :thumb: Beer and monies but no sexual favors im afraid

Steve
14-12-08, 01:06 PM
Really? ah bugger it then im not interested! lol lol lol