PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear windscreen?

FUSION X16XE
13-12-08, 01:07 PM
I want to remove the rear screen from my tailgate and put it in another. Could i do this? Is it difficult? What do i need to do it? Any info appreciated :thumb:

Ernie
13-12-08, 01:10 PM
Very easy to do.
Just start by lipping the window rubber over a bit at a time and work your way around the hole window.
Keep doing this process till the window comes out from the out side.
It is easyer to do with the boot lid off the car.
Have fun and dont drop it once out as the dont bounce very well.

Spudly
13-12-08, 01:25 PM
As above although you would be better with someone to help you/support the galss as it comes out, and to refit a long length of wire is needed, run it in the channel of the rubber sit glass in place and pull the wire out all the way round the rubber and it will pull the lip into the correct position as it comes out, just make sure you push it down into place properly all the way round.

Removal and refitting should only take a few minutes bud:thumb:

MyNovaSr
13-12-08, 01:27 PM
As above although you would be better with someone to help you/support the galss as it comes out, and to refit a long length of wire is needed, run it in the channel of the rubber sit glass in place and pull the wire out all the way round the rubber and it will pull the lip into the correct position as it comes out, just make sure you push it down into place properly all the way round.

Removal and refitting should only take a few minutes bud:thumb:

Few Minutes, what like 120 mins?

Thats not a few lol

Spudly
13-12-08, 01:29 PM
Me and a mate swapped all three of my rear windows (tailgate and two sides) out of my hatch and into another one and vice versa in about fifteen minutes, swapped my clear glass for his tinted glass!

FUSION X16XE
13-12-08, 01:44 PM
OOOPPSSSS!!!

Its a Corsa B :( its bonded on with a black adhesive....

Steve
13-12-08, 01:45 PM
It should be the same, only newer cars had the screens bonded, its just a rubber seal the same as on a nova.

FUSION X16XE
13-12-08, 01:57 PM
Nah Its bonded on.

Reason is, some little chavs smashed my rear window so i got a whole new tailgate, but now i want to put that screen in my old tailgate as it is the right colour and has the spoiler and central locking etc.

Mike
13-12-08, 02:05 PM
You need a trim removal tool then. AKA Stanley Blade ;)

Steve
13-12-08, 02:36 PM
If its bonded then you're best of leaving it to a pro. maybe £40-£50