PDA

View Full Version : my cars are being bitches this month...

L33 LEG
12-12-08, 03:15 AM
started a few weeks ago, the 328 was overheating like fcuk. found a leak and fixed it, still just the same. sounds like headgasket. not to worry, iv got my other cars to drive...

the e30 wouldnt start. keeps loosing battery charge. and then wouldnt even turn over. turned out to be just a loose earth lead. still could do with a new batt tho.

the daily runner 325 is probably acting like a bitch cos it maybe jealous or something. last week i had a puncture, fixed it, went down. turned out the rim has a crack in it. i dropped off the wheel to get welded, started my car and then it kept cutting out. turned out the fuel pump packed in. fixed it a few days later. bonnet cable snapped so had to bodge something together. a few days ago it isnt even opening at all. and now, exactly a week since the fuel pump day, driving home just now and the battery light comes on. thought straight away its the alternator, i then lost my power steering and then a few mins later it started to over heat! rolled it home and for some reason i just started laughing at my misfortune. my mate reckons the alternator controls all of that lot so i just need to change the belt, once i get my bonnet open.

lovely week, and thats just my car troubles Lol. my novas never gave me this much trouble

:cool:

~~joycey~~
12-12-08, 03:27 AM
my novas never gave me this much trouble

I'm not saying a word lol

Jack
12-12-08, 07:30 AM
I love Japanese cars. The celica just works, even when the gearbox fell apart it still worked :D

Stoo
12-12-08, 11:01 AM
I love Japanese cars. The celica just works, even when the gearbox fell apart it still worked :D

Ditto

Even when id rolled my integra, snapped the engine mounts, snapped the suspension arms, ripped tyres off rims etc etc

it still drove!!!!

Stuart
12-12-08, 11:25 AM
I nearly had a hernia (spelling) getting the VX into gear this morning... me thinks it needs thinner gearbox oil lol

L14MNP
12-12-08, 11:28 AM
^ I thought that said getting into the car not getting the car into gear lol

Steve
12-12-08, 11:44 AM
Ditto that! lol

Just to make you feel a tad bit better, I smoked an e30 cab last night in the nova! lol lol

Lee
12-12-08, 11:54 AM
i have a volvo that has such a thin clutch, it barely makes it up hills and the suspension on the front is so shot I cant go over 60 or i get monumental wheel bounce, a Ford Transit with a faulty fuel pump. Its been sat for nearly a year, a 1.2 nova that simply refuses to run on any more than 2 cylinders in this weather and a Mercedes Vito with no rear suspension lol

Ive run out of rotations now so Im flogging the volvo to pay for some vito rear suspension because I simply have too many useless vehicles at the moment! :)

Jim
12-12-08, 11:58 AM
Ditto that! lol

Just to make you feel a tad bit better, I smoked an e30 cab last night in the nova! lol lol
Is that because you have an oil leak? ;) :p lol

I'm sure the Clio is going to start giving me major trouble soon. There is a bad earth somewhere, so the rear foglight on the dash comes on everytime you brake or indicate, plus the heater sometimes makes a whiney noise if you have it switched on before you start the engine. I've tried to make it feel a bit more loved by putting it in the garage at night. I will treat it to a clean this weekend by popping down to the local 'eastern european' carwash :thumb:

L33 LEG
12-12-08, 01:18 PM
Ditto that! lol

lol thanks for that mate

on the plus, i took my bumper off just now and got the bonnet open. the belt hadnt snapped but it had come off. iv prob stretched it so il get a new one 2moro and spend hours of stressing and swearing until it finally pops back on. i watched my mate do one a few months ago and it seemed like a right ballache.

my biggest problem now is my e30 is going to have to be driven in the rain tonight :roll: :(

Dar
12-12-08, 01:20 PM
My French car is working wonderfuly in this weather and has done all its life.
Please sort out the Clio Jim. French cars really are good when you look after them....honest.

NASTYNOVA
12-12-08, 01:38 PM
well my corsa is running mint, the nova is running mint, and the astra is running mint(with just a rattley heatshield), loon still in bits - stick to vauxhalls!! best you can get!! :)

Nova_Tek
12-12-08, 01:39 PM
Thats Beemers for you! lol

brainsnova
12-12-08, 01:43 PM
my transit is running perfect apart from having water in the horn so it sounds like a clowns horn at the circus lol

Lee
12-12-08, 01:51 PM
My French car is working wonderfuly in this weather and has done all its life.

Any setting yourself up for a massive fall gen? :)

Emmy
12-12-08, 02:07 PM
lol brains :p

mayhem
12-12-08, 02:26 PM
the daily runner 325 is probably acting like a bitch cos it maybe jealous or something. last week i had a puncture, fixed it, went down. turned out the rim has a crack in it. i dropped off the wheel to get welded, started my car and then it kept cutting out. turned out the fuel pump packed in. fixed it a few days later. bonnet cable snapped so had to bodge something together. a few days ago it isnt even opening at all. and now, exactly a week since the fuel pump day, driving home just now and the battery light comes on. thought straight away its the alternator, i then lost my power steering and then a few mins later it started to over heat! rolled it home and for some reason i just started laughing at my misfortune. my mate reckons the alternator controls all of that lot so i just need to change the belt, once i get my bonnet open.

my mate has a simular thing with his astra mk3 16v..

for more than 2 years it ran great, never had any trouble with it. he put it up for sale recently.. 2 days later.. cracked head. fixed that, yesterday he called.. tensioner bold snapped at 40 mp/h... lol

Ash
12-12-08, 06:30 PM
My fiesta is going better than ever! (service and 99ron lol)

Had major problems with 2 sprinters at work tho.

1. I de-iced the screen and the lock finally, but the key still snapped in the lock.

2. De-iced the screen, heated the key up with a lighter and the door was frozen to the body - de-iced that. Got in and there was ice on the dash and thick ice on the inside of the screen lol The only light to come on was the headunit backing light - no display or dash etc. and then my hand froze to the van :mad: lol

nova_turbo
12-12-08, 08:04 PM
You may find on your 325 with the belt just poping of like that the tensioner's f**cked. same thing happend on myne only last week, went to put a new belt on then realised tensioner was the problem.. :thumb:

May be wrong like..

Jack
12-12-08, 08:08 PM
and then my hand froze to the van :mad: lol
LMFAO

General Baxter
12-12-08, 08:10 PM
and my bodge of a 1.4 is still going stong, starts first time on the key in -4 :p

~~joycey~~
12-12-08, 09:19 PM
i have a volvo that has such a thin clutch, it barely makes it up hills and the suspension on the front is so shot I cant go over 60 or i get monumental wheel bounce, a Ford Transit with a faulty fuel pump. Its been sat for nearly a year, a 1.2 nova that simply refuses to run on any more than 2 cylinders in this weather and a Mercedes Vito with no rear suspension lol

Ive run out of rotations now so Im flogging the volvo to pay for some vito rear suspension because I simply have too many useless vehicles at the moment! :)

lol lol lol

John
12-12-08, 09:22 PM

Can't beleive you haven't fixed the transit yet!!!!!

Lee
12-12-08, 09:31 PM
Can't beleive you haven't fixed the transit yet!!!!!

It took me nearly 8 hours to swap the pump the first time. After it turned out to be faulty, I lost interest in it as you can imagine.

Ford are having it back next week, but ill probably lose my private plate which im devistated about :cry:

John
12-12-08, 09:37 PM
It took me nearly 8 hours to swap the pump the first time. After it turned out to be faulty, I lost interest in it as you can imagine.

Ford are having it back next week, but ill probably lose my private plate which im devistated about :cry:

You mean having it back, as keeping it and giving you some wonga back? or have you part chopped it? Why can't you keep the plate?

Lee
12-12-08, 09:43 PM
Its on tick, and we've paid over 50% so we can give it back without taking a penalty IF its in working order. So ill probably get charged, but icve been told by an independant debt collector that Ford have much bigger fish to fry at the moment, so quite frankly they can shove it up their ass!

To transfer a plate off a vehicle, it needs to have an MOT, so the only chance I have of getting the plate back is if ford transfer it back after they have fixed it and give it back to me, which, if i tell them to shove the aforementioned charge up their behinds, is probably not going to happen lol

Andy_L
15-12-08, 12:27 PM
My Cav is not happy at the moment. Hoping it's the alternator that is on the way out. Much rattling and general nasty noises.
Going to take the aux belt off but to do that you need to remove one of the engine mounts

L14MNP
15-12-08, 01:27 PM
If your van has been taxed and tested within the last 6 months you can sometimes still get your plate back dude.