PDA

View Full Version : Adirian Flux hack me off once again!!! :(

Novasport
11-12-08, 08:28 PM
Well, they have done it again! What a shower of sh!t.
After right royally hacking me off a few years ago I left them not wanting to go back but I got pursuaded to go back to them last year. Was told by one of their guys who was also on JOV that 'They had changed' and 'let me do you a quote' so I agreed.
I got a good quote with limited mileage for the 888 and an agreed value I was happy with bearing in mind he condition & mileage on this rare car.

So after everything is fine, then comes renewal time:roll:

They sent out a letter for the renewal saying they were going to automatically renew my insurance & take the money from my credit card.
Unfortunately after being away for a few days I didnt read it before they auto renewed it but I thought, oh well at least its insured.
Then comes the fun bit, I also get paperwork asking for photos & info relating to the agreed value so I gave them what they required & listed the same valuation as last year.

After a week or so I get a letter saying they could not agree to the valuation and it would go on market value:mad:. Understandibly I am a little annoyed as this was the reason I went with Flux, I could have got market value insurance from Direct line etc & not have the hassle of a broker and their restrictions/fees etc.

So I ring them up and they said because the car is kept on a drive they cannot agree the value. WTF, they managed to do it last year! I explained this and the fact that I had & they had not agreed to any changes to the policy before it was renewed. This imo is totally wrong & having known this I would not have renewed with them. Then she says it should not have been agreed last year, sorry but thats not my problem! If someone agrres to something they need to stand by that decision, I have to in my line of work.

I explained I was not happy and I wanted some sort of agreed valuation as market value was not acceptable as I would get the value of a standard coupe turbo most likely £2-3,000!!! Those that know my car will know the condition, rarity & obscenely low mileage making it irreplacable.

She rang back saying I had to pay about another £250 to get an agreed valuation(Prob not as much as I had previously) or I could cancel the policy but they would still take a fee!!!

Could not continue the conversation as I was so mad & I was too busy at work. Plus they shut at 5:30 but I dont finish til 6:00 so its mega difficult to get time to call them.

What do you guys think? I think they are a shower of .... and will not be using them again once this policy expires. Once both Novas are done I will need 3 policies so will let someone else have the profit

Benn
11-12-08, 08:31 PM
Sounds crap, try hic. Had no probs with them at all. Had to send 25pics and do a write up of everything but they where happy and i have a 5k agreed valuation.

Lee
11-12-08, 08:33 PM
Im kinda glad to not be asscociated with them anymore tbh. Lots of horror storys floating about them at the moment.

Novasport
11-12-08, 08:40 PM
Kinda makes you want to just sell up and not bother with cars, I get a brand new BMW that is paid for by work, all I have to do is put fuel in it(Not a deal as it does over 42mpg) and pay a minimal amount of company car tax so dont really need another car.
I get f***ked over by the insurance company and even more so by the chancellor for road tax and fuel costs plus the missus gives me grief about it. Is it really worth it for less than a thousand miles of great driving a year!

dan16v
11-12-08, 08:42 PM
Sounds crap, try hic. Had no probs with them at all. Had to send 25pics and do a write up of everything but they where happy and i have a 5k agreed valuation.

Flux are HIC!!!

Benn
11-12-08, 08:46 PM
Flux are HIC!!!

Kinda, they are a sister compney. But they work totaly differenly and use different under writers and that. Work totaly different.

Flu wouldnt quote me a few years ago, yet hic gave me a great quote. Been with hic since (4 years)

John
11-12-08, 08:48 PM
That sucks big time rich!! Glad i'm not with them anymore! You tried the guy at the top of the page??

MyNovaSr
11-12-08, 08:49 PM
Kinda, they are a sister compney. But they work totaly differenly and use different under writers and that. Work totaly different.

Flu wouldnt quote me a few years ago, yet hic gave me a great quote. Been with hic since (4 years)

They may be linked but the prices they give are totally different.

Flux were £200 more expensive than hic for me.

Dan
11-12-08, 08:50 PM
yep benn summed it up in one, lets not forget the great news Kev had when he tried to insure his yellow valver with flux, it went along the lines of "as a 28 year old you'll never get insured on a 2.0 Nova" :tard: lol lol lol . I dont think i had laughed so much for ages when he told me

Nick J
11-12-08, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear this Rich... But I must agree Ive used them for the past three years and they will Not be getting my money next year! There service seems to get worse every year and the prices do nothing but go up.

Ste L
11-12-08, 08:57 PM
i'd be demanding all your money back pesonally, as you didn't authorise them to take it, and canceling the policy

if they refuse to refund in full, cab or small claim's :)

Benn
11-12-08, 08:57 PM
They may be linked but the prices they give are totally different.

Flux were £200 more expensive than hic for me.

Yep had that too, yet they wont quote against each other...

yep benn summed it up in one, lets not forget the great news Kev had when he tried to insure his yellow valver with flux, it went along the lines of "as a 28 year old you'll never get insured on a 2.0 Nova" :tard: lol lol lol . I dont think i had laughed so much for ages when he told me

Flux told me that once, i laughed and took my renewal with hic up that was under 500.

Rich
11-12-08, 09:05 PM
Ive never had a problem with them really, been cheapest for me for 2 years so i went with them.

Jack
11-12-08, 09:06 PM
i'd be demanding all your money back pesonally, as you didn't authorise them to take it, and canceling the policy

if they refuse to refund in full, cab or small claim's :)
Actually, its in the very small print when you take the policy that they will automatically renew the policy. Annoyance, but thats how they get round it.

All the more reason to go with Sky tbh. Excellent service, excellent prices - when I told Flux the price Sky had quoted me on the saloon, they just said "oh we won't come near that" lol

Novasport
11-12-08, 09:11 PM
Oooh, started something here. Bad news travels fast, nothing like a bit of bad publicitiy eh!
Companies take note, dont p!ss off the little people, it can lead to your downfall!

Andy
11-12-08, 09:43 PM
Both hic and flux gave me dog sh1t quotes.That "Club Discount for Png Members" What a joke that was

Welsh Dan
11-12-08, 11:40 PM
My Flux premium went up this september for the nova, and I'd heard some of these stories so I went with Admiral, who couldn't ever be more helpful.

Rick Draper
12-12-08, 12:00 AM
I had a urba large agreed value on my nova, and i mean £10K+ and they were fine with it.

dj_wudgey
12-12-08, 01:03 AM
they have been pretty cheap with me and i havent had no problems yet!! lol

Mike
12-12-08, 05:22 PM
By law you have 14 day (calender day) "cooling off period" to which if your not satisfied with the services offered for XXX amount, you can & are legally entitled to your money back. All of it, every last penny.

Andy
12-12-08, 05:26 PM
Yes but isnt that when you initially take out the policy? If it was auto renewed,no doubt there would be some bollox loophole that got them out of paying

Mike
12-12-08, 05:28 PM
^ everytime funds are taken for a initial purchase or renewal of subscription to said service.

Andy
12-12-08, 05:32 PM
I think its a case of going to cab and seeing where you stand legally then.This happened to my mrs a couple of years back.She lost £50

Lee H
12-12-08, 05:46 PM
I found Flux better to deal with this time round (used to be with them and service wasn't good) and they were the only ones who would give me a sensible agreed value on my car and did so with no problems.

HIC quoted me 3 times the premium Flux did (£1500+) so that was a definite no go.

Sky don't do agreed value or insure my postcode so again that was a no go.

Ste L
12-12-08, 05:46 PM
Actually, its in the very small print when you take the policy that they will automatically renew the policy. Annoyance, but thats how they get round it.

All the more reason to go with Sky tbh. Excellent service, excellent prices - when I told Flux the price Sky had quoted me on the saloon, they just said "oh we won't come near that" lol

i've never had a policy with them so never read the small print, and never had insurance auto renew on me yet....

but as mike said, you should be able to get it all back

By law you have 14 day (calender day) "cooling off period" to which if your not satisfied with the services offered for XXX amount, you can & are legally entitled to your money back. All of it, every last penny.

scott.parker
12-12-08, 08:21 PM
Humm, who the hell will i insure my nova with then, as Sky have sill requirements, looks like Flux are being nob's and Ive not tried HIC yet, as last time i did they were way over the top etc..

Just re-insured the passat with Flux though, lol they tried to charge me more then last year so i went on confused.com put my shiz in there database and M&S came up on top with £250 cheaper! lol so i told flux and they beat it by £1 lol lol lol lol but i took it as didn't mean changing paper work etc..

matthew172
12-12-08, 09:17 PM
there waankers full stop

John
12-12-08, 09:25 PM
you manage to sort them out rich?