PDA

View Full Version : Giving blood

Smurf-Xx
11-12-08, 09:05 AM
Ok, last night steve rang me saying I'm picking you up in 5 minutes I was like where are we going?? He wouldn't say. I didn't have a clue where we were going and he says 'its a suprise, were going to help alot of people' I was like wtf...

Then we pull up at the local blood donation place I was like you got to be joking. Felt forced to do it and really scared. call me a pussy but don't like that sort of stuff.

You get asked questions before you actually give blood, and I couldn't donate anyway due to having a tattoo not long ago. I will in a few months in my own time, But F*ck me what a suprise that was lol

Who else gives blood?

Jack
11-12-08, 09:18 AM
I do, regularly. Although I couldn't last time as I'd been to Kandahar a couple months beforehand.

walshc
11-12-08, 10:32 AM
My life was saved because of people who donate (went through 16 pints with transfusion, they couldnt stop my bleed) i cant thank you guys enough
Im ashamed to say that i cant give back, because im on perminant antibiotics, with having no spleen anymore
Makes me feel like a scaving cheat :(

Stuart
11-12-08, 10:34 AM
Mr porter is the last person I'd have thought would give blood lol.

my opinion of him is raised to "would piss on him if he was on fire" :D

bmw156
11-12-08, 10:35 AM
i want to, its on my 101 things to do in life list, and apart from that it is a good cause etc. just got to grow some balls.

smurf you said you couldnt because you had a tattoo, how long untill you can give again? 1 month, 6 month

Smurf-Xx
11-12-08, 10:35 AM
Yeah he's wanted to for a while but never has had time
Is that when you broke your leg walshc? I think I'm one of the rare types too. so i will in future donate. Suppose like ste said you never know when you might need it yourself.

Smurf-Xx
11-12-08, 10:37 AM
smurf you said you couldnt because you had a tattoo, how long untill you can give again? 1 month, 6 month

6 months...

Another thing is you cant donate if you have had gay anal sex with a man within 12 months!

Jack
11-12-08, 10:46 AM
My life was saved because of people who donate (went through 16 pints with transfusion, they couldnt stop my bleed) i cant thank you guys enough
Im ashamed to say that i cant give back, because im on perminant antibiotics, with having no spleen anymore
If you've had a transfusion unfortunately you can't donate. If you've received, you can't give back.

bmw156
11-12-08, 10:47 AM
Another thing is you cant donate if you have had gay anal sex with a man within 12 months!

damn im out of luck this time....

Smurf-Xx
11-12-08, 10:49 AM
^does kelbelle know?!

Jack
11-12-08, 10:52 AM
"she" was giving

walshc
11-12-08, 11:07 AM
Is that when you broke your leg walshc?

It was yeah

Thats a good way to look at it (thinking when you might need it yourself)
Wish id given before the accident :(

I didnt know that razor, thats crap :mad: they just said because im on antibiotics i cant give.

Welsh Dan
11-12-08, 11:12 AM
I went through the online quiz and it said I couldn't :(.

Adam
11-12-08, 05:21 PM
You have to go through a question thing first dont you?
About your health/body weight etc etc

Jack
11-12-08, 05:24 PM
Bodyweight doesn't really matter, I've never been asked it, but its only general questions about your health. Usually to find out what medication you may have been taking or what diseases you've been exposed to.

Lynsey
11-12-08, 05:33 PM

Don't be daft, you can't help it :roll:
I give too. Haven't been for a while so I suppose I should go soon.

Nice of him to take you on such a romantic date eh Rach? ;)

mowgli
11-12-08, 05:51 PM
i am petrified of needles, so I get all queazy at the concept of me giving blood, but the missus does it.

FUSION X16XE
11-12-08, 05:55 PM
How much do they take?

I have a organ donors card :)

jimbob-mcgrew
11-12-08, 06:07 PM
i must do this one day, if only a half pint, for the cause.

not keen on the idea of blood sitting in a bag in a chiller room for ages tho.
blood going from body to body seems un-natural enough without it being stored for ages, looses its mojo.

i did hear u get a free cuppa tea and biscuit tho !

meritlover
11-12-08, 06:07 PM
if you have a donor card, theyll take everything

Lee
11-12-08, 06:11 PM
Im not allowed to, as apparently the gene pool wouldn't be able to take the huge amounts of charm and charisma. It would rip a hole in the space/time continueum :)

Jack
11-12-08, 06:29 PM
How much do they take?
Just under a pint if I remember rightly.

i did hear u get a free cuppa tea and biscuit tho !
Yup; your first time you'll be limited to just water though.

Benn
11-12-08, 08:26 PM
I do, try to as much as poss.

Am helping to spread the ginger need. Infecting the nation.

nova danny1
11-12-08, 09:07 PM
I don't because I'm so scared of needles even more than spiders!!!

dan23
11-12-08, 11:05 PM
6 months...

should that say
unprotected anal sex with man or women :wtf:

BIGS
11-12-08, 11:09 PM
i used to give blood untill one day they said we have enough we dont really need anymore. wft i thought they were crying out for people to give blood. since that i havent botherd as i thought it was really bad

Jack
12-12-08, 07:33 AM
i used to give blood untill one day they said we have enough we dont really need anymore.
depends what blood group you are. RHO+, the most common, there's loads of - but then I always thought if its the most common, they'll be using it the quickest, so will need to stock up faster :D

joeSRI
12-12-08, 10:40 AM
depends what blood group you are. RHO+, the most common, there's loads of - but then I always thought if its the most common, they'll be using it the quickest, so will need to stock up faster :D

i give blood too
i am o rh neg one of the rarest they said. every blood type works with mine but im only allowed my type, which is a bit crap.lol lol

Nova_Tek
12-12-08, 12:42 PM
Im not allowed to, as apparently the gene pool wouldn't be able to take the huge amounts of charm and charisma. It would rip a hole in the space/time continueum :)

lol hahahahahaha lol You are a threat to the whole universe then.

I admire those who give blood but I don't think I would be able to do it. I don't mind geting injections / jabs but theres something about having a blood test / taking blood from you that seems to make me a bit light headed :( . Plus the whole agony of when a nurse has difficulty taking blood or tries a few times that makes it a whole lot worse.

dj_wudgey
12-12-08, 12:58 PM
i dont not beacause it bothers me beacause my blood would be no good to any one lol. the alcohol level in my blood would get them pissed as soon as it touches the poor unsuspecting patient!!!

NASTYNOVA
12-12-08, 12:58 PM
havnt donated blood yet, scared of needles, but when im deed every usable organ is up for grabs!! :)

Jack
12-12-08, 01:17 PM
theres something about having a blood test / taking blood from you that seems to make me a bit light headed :(
You will be if they take some of your blood :p

Nova_Tek
12-12-08, 01:20 PM
lol yeah never thought of that.

damn Light Headed x Light headed = Lying on floor