PDA

View Full Version : What do I get my girlfriend whos in a coma for Xmas??

Stanley
11-12-08, 06:37 AM
My girlfriend is still in a coma, and im kinda gettin used to the fact that she'll be the same come Christmas.

Jewellery is a no-no, as is flowers, and well....most things.

Ive got her a big teddy already too.....

Any ideas??

t45_ste
11-12-08, 08:08 AM
How about some CD's to play in her room? Might help aswell?

Welsh Dan
11-12-08, 08:16 AM
Buy her some books that you think she'll like, and read them to her.

Jack
11-12-08, 09:27 AM
I was thinking something audio based too.

What about something she can touch or smell?

Dod
11-12-08, 10:14 AM
I like the books thing, also a few photos of you and her nicely framed so when she has her eyes opened she has something to focus on.

As said touch sound and smell are the key points. Anyway, its only a token gift at the minute. When she comes around you can take her out and spoil her.

Emmy
11-12-08, 10:18 AM
I think they are all lovely idea's and you could play one of the songs you and your girlfriend liked to listen too together, or that you danced to.

Simon 1867
11-12-08, 10:18 AM
How about a little diary of day to day events of what has happended in the world since the accident (key events) When she wakes up she wont feel like she has missed anything. Hope you have a nice christmas matey.

Dod
11-12-08, 10:30 AM
/\ Excellant idea!! A diary of yours, how you feel, how you've spent your days etc.

bmw156
11-12-08, 10:38 AM
a diary is a great idea, photos also.
i think that you should buy her something small but nice and then like someone said when she wakes up give her a real xmas

Southie
11-12-08, 10:54 AM
On the audio side of things, how about getting friends and family to record christmas messages and put them on and ipod device for her. :)

Hope she comes back to you soon and have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Found this and reminded me of you two :thumb:

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/207290_f260.jpg

Hobbit
11-12-08, 12:37 PM
I think the diary is a great idea also.

Stanley
11-12-08, 11:07 PM
Some good suggestions there! Thanks folks.

The problem is, we havent really been going out long. Ive known her since 2nd year at school, but we only got together in August this year. So we have no photos together, and im not entirely sure of her favourite things.

I think im going to get her a wee CD player as she has an Ipod already. Something that plays MP3's so i can bung a fair few on a cd at a time. I thought thatd be good as im sure the earphones from her Ipod would get annoying after a long period. I phoned the hosp and the nurse said thats fine too.

Im gonna try and save for a holiday too.

I had planned to take her to Rome at the end of November (it was already kinda booked, but i was gonna suprise her:() so il prob do that.

7ova
11-12-08, 11:15 PM
good luck with what ever you decide mate.
all the best

AlexMcMann
11-12-08, 11:16 PM
As said on cs mate, iPod!

Stanley
11-12-08, 11:18 PM
She already has one mate.

Im getting a CD player.