PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Swirl pot for Carb fed engines

stevei
09-12-08, 08:36 PM
I'm aware of what it does and how it works. I've seen on Dar's 'how to' thread for fuel lines. Just wondered if its the same for a carbed engine. I already run a Facet redtop pump in the engine bay. i assume some sort of a lift pump will be required.

also what capacity should the tank be?

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Fuel_injection%20_Set_up_instructions/1.6-1.4%20Taper%20Instructions%20Print%20ALL/16_14_swirl_pot.gif

ste

The Simps
09-12-08, 09:55 PM
I'm wondering the same.

I suppose you would just blank off the return line to the swirl pot?

Does the fuel reg not go inline after the pump on carbs?

At least if you set it up as above its only a case of putting in a return line to the swirl pot to swap to injection.

Stuart
09-12-08, 10:04 PM
a facet redtop is a "lift pump"...

I'd say if you HAVE to have a swirl pot setup then you will want a facet pumping the pot full as per normal on these setups, then another facet pump from there to the filter/regulator and on to the carbs... with the return from the reg to the swirl pot (assuming of course the regulator has a return line)

The Simps
09-12-08, 10:09 PM
You wouldn't need the return line tho because the regulator would stop any need for it.

I plan on copying the exact above setup but putting the reg between the high pressure pump and carbs and blocking off the return line into the swirl pot.

Stuart
09-12-08, 10:13 PM
you dont need the high pressure pump though.... complete waste of time/money.

Carbs have their own built in swirl pots anyway with the float chambers.
you can get low pressure regs that will have a return line, they are rare though

The Simps
09-12-08, 10:15 PM
oh very true, unneeded. I'm looking at it from the point of view of then being easilly switchable between carb & injection setups.