PDA

View Full Version : hubs and shaft help

Ferrit
09-12-08, 01:32 PM
i have a 1.2 merit which i am am convertin to redtop, i am usin a 93 astra gsi and was gonna use the hubs and shafts off that but have been told the hubs are part of the suspension strut on the astra so need to know what hubs to use or should i just get conversion hubs

inushmiah
09-12-08, 01:36 PM
id stick the the convertion shaft the gsi 1z are crap just look at them im taking the gsi 1z of my 1 in the next few weeks

if you wanted to stick to the gsi shafts the standerd nova 22spline hubs fit e.g. 1.3/1.4 hubs

burgo
09-12-08, 01:45 PM
id stick the the convertion shaft the gsi 1z are crap just look at them im taking the gsi 1z of my 1 in the next few weeks

if you wanted to stick to the gsi shafts the standerd nova 22spline hubs fit e.g. 1.3/1.4 hubsless of the text typing.

you cant use the astra hubs or driveshafts either

Stuart
09-12-08, 01:46 PM

if you wanted to stick to the gsi shafts the standerd nova 22spline hubs fit e.g. 1.3/1.4 hubs

:mf:

bin the text typing.

Mr Ferrit, have you looked at the Xe conversion guide in the articles section?

inushmiah
09-12-08, 01:52 PM
Forgot to mention im running an f16 gearbox that’s why my nova gsi shafts and 22spline cv joints fit into standerd hubs

Ferrit
09-12-08, 02:31 PM
yeah just had a look at that
so i need gsi shafts, mk2 1600 inner cvs and they go into standard hub or do i need different hub

burgo
09-12-08, 02:40 PM
yeah just had a look at that
so i need gsi shafts, mk2 1600 inner cvs and they go into standard hub or do i need different hubyou need shafts the have 22 splines on the inner side which very few gsi shafts have. youre better off with TD or GTE ones

The Simps
09-12-08, 02:44 PM
Or just get proper uprated, lifetime guarrantee ones from Chris Astley - www.chrisastleymotorsport.com (http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com)

Buy the uprated ones now and save messing around in the future.

You will need:-
Hubs
Bearings
Shafts
CVs.

Give him a call.

mayhem
09-12-08, 02:52 PM
Forgot to mention im running an f16 gearbox that’s why my nova gsi shafts and 22spline cv joints fit into standerd hubs

wtf?? you can also use the 22 spline shafts on a f18, f20

@ts: best is to buy the astley parts, 22 spline shafts are getting harder to find.

The Simps
09-12-08, 03:21 PM
You've got to also ask yourself the question:- am I likely to uprate the power or change to a LET in the future? If so, save yourself spending twice and get the propper shafts now.

Ferrit
11-12-08, 01:54 PM
decided gonna get uprated hubs and shafts, can the astra gsi cvs be used and also has anyone used majestic engineerin in sheffield, are they any good

craig green
11-12-08, 01:59 PM
Good decision. The 22spline Nova shafts can be a bit short on some conversions.

You will need the Astra inner CV's & depending on the shafts maybe the outers.

What do Majestic engineering do? Ask locally tbh.

Ferrit
11-12-08, 03:54 PM
they do conversion kits etc, they machine all there own stuff
i know some one whose used them but a friend of a freind says there shafts aren't much cop
they are next door to where cozvaux used to be behind don valley stadium