PDA

View Full Version : which coilovers

JimmyH
09-12-08, 01:32 AM
I have a 2 litre xe nova track car which needs new coilovers and I can't decide which ones to buy.

the car is only used on track so stiffness on the road is not an issue.

I want monotube coilovers all round and was thinking of getting bilstein B16 PSS9 or gaz gold

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on these or any other brand ?

C14se
09-12-08, 01:39 AM
i would say gaz all day long

Stuart
09-12-08, 08:45 AM
what makes you explicitly want monotubes, given most twintubes (especially the bump and rebound seperately adjustables are twins) are well specced thesedays and dont suffer from damper fade etc...

Stoo
09-12-08, 08:53 AM
Tried a search?

Much covered subject

Stuart
09-12-08, 09:07 AM
I doubt a mono Vs twin tube is covered much on here lol

Stoo
09-12-08, 09:12 AM
You know what im gettting at bud.

Theres more than enough XE Track cars on here to fathom what are the better coilovers to go for.

Stuart
09-12-08, 09:15 AM
I know :)

JimmyH
09-12-08, 02:01 PM
what makes you explicitly want monotubes, given most twintubes (especially the bump and rebound seperately adjustables are twins) are well specced thesedays and dont suffer from damper fade etc...

I don't have much experience with coilovers and thought the monotubes were better and wanted to see has anyone used both so they could compare.

So I should go for a set of gaz ?

I've tried a search and couldn't find much,if you could give me a link I'd appreciate it :thumb:

craig green
09-12-08, 02:06 PM
Join the club, get about 12 x the membership fee deducted from the price of the GAZ ones. Job done.

Stuart
09-12-08, 02:36 PM
Join the club, get about 12 x the membership fee deducted from the price of the GAZ ones. Job done.
I dont think they are the gaz golds though... meh still funking good value