PDA

View Full Version : Speedlines

MyNovaSr
08-12-08, 01:57 PM
How much should I pay for a decent set a speedlines (16")

I think im going to swap the 17's for 16's as they rub every now and then and its annoying :cry:

craig green
08-12-08, 02:18 PM
£400 with decent tyres, assuming good cond with centre caps etc is the going rate.

Thats £50 a corner with tyres, not bad.

Bit less if the wheels/tyres arent mint or seller wants rid.

I'm selling mine, silver with caps. 2 Eagle F1's & 2x Kumho's. £400 ono

Jack
08-12-08, 02:24 PM
£400 with decent tyres, assuming good cond with centre caps etc is the going rate.

Thats £50 a corner with tyres, not bad.
Your car has 8 corners? :wtf:

1.6 8v turbo nova
08-12-08, 02:28 PM
ha

craig green
08-12-08, 02:30 PM

Well spotted. Arithmatic aint what it used to be, but yeah I've got 8 wheels & a tank track wrapped around each side for the snow yo! :roll:

MyNovaSr
08-12-08, 10:39 PM
so £200 for 4? Sounds better.

How the the 16's accept being tucked under the arches?

Spudly
08-12-08, 10:42 PM

Never heard mine complain about being under the arches but then again they are inanimate lumps of alloy though lol

Sorry couldnt resist........

Spot on mate perfect offset for a lowered nova so as long as youre not running baloon tyres then you shouldnt hear any rubbage!

*Dave*
08-12-08, 11:33 PM
i had yokohama a539's was before i put eagle f1's on and had slight rubbage with my speedlines.

rolled the arches a little, been fine ever since

MyNovaSr
09-12-08, 01:43 PM
i had yokohama a539's was before i put eagle f1's on and had slight rubbage with my speedlines.

rolled the arches a little, been fine ever since

Is that where it slightly bends out the edge of the arch?

craig green
09-12-08, 01:45 PM
so £200 for 4? Sounds better.

Seeing as the speedlines are the correct offset (very much doubt your 17"s are) which helps keep them mounted inboard & they are only 6.5" wide wheras most aftermarket wheels are 7" wide.

Jack
09-12-08, 02:37 PM
Is that where it slightly bends out the edge of the arch?
No, thats flaring.

If you think that the lip of the arch comes down in an L shape, where the base of the L points in towards the wheel; that part is "rolled" and folded up, giving a few extra millimeters of clearance.

You can grind the lip off, but this is prone to rusting (if done properly, rolled arches shouldn't trap water) and weakens the arch, whilst rolling retains strength.

craig green
09-12-08, 04:58 PM
If grinding the arch lip, only grind a few mm into the lip as the spot welds holding the outer arch to the inner arch are in the lip, grind past these & the strength in the rear of the shell will be affected. Naturally be sure to prime or seal any bare metal you create with the grinder.

In most cases if the rear beam is central, speedlines go on fine, close but fine.

Sofstars are 6" wide however, so a bit more room again.

ben doodar
09-12-08, 09:17 PM
lol.

i payed £150 for mine a guy pulled up behind me at a set of traffic lights n yelled "yo do u wanna buy a set of speedlines for that?" lucky for him (and me) i had just been payed, it was my day off work and it was a lovely summers day, ah fond memories! lol

Benn
09-12-08, 09:19 PM
I sold mine for £300 with no tyres (just repainted tho) People will pay anything for them. Way to common, dont like them at all anymore.