PDA

View Full Version : crashed my nova

ben doodar
08-12-08, 12:30 PM
well as above i managed to crash my car on saturday nite, an hour after changing a front wheel bearing on the thing.
was only doing about 25mph and managed to slip on some black ice,on a narrow country lane just hit the drivers side front corner, nackerd the front bumper, wing, grill, a tyre a headlight and a headlight protrector. also it wudnt drive so im guessing its either snapped a shaft or popped it out. not to happy but on wards and upwards, bought a fvsh 1.8 cavalier with 54000 miles on it, it drives like a poor mans roller, really can not fault it. so im going to build another nova next year. im unsure how to go about the next project, but il be back with a better 1.
few last pictures.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/154_5479.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/154_5481.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/ben150.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/ben136.jpg

twistysnovagte
08-12-08, 12:39 PM
oh no:( ,not another mint nova too:cry: one of my favourite cars too.i hope its repairable?by the sounds of things though, dont sound to healthy!?
gutted for you mate.
andy

turbojolt
08-12-08, 12:42 PM
sorry to hear that mate so is it completely funked then

BIGS
08-12-08, 12:51 PM
sorry to here that but you cant repair it from only doing 25 mph? i crashed mine around 50mph and its fixed and back on my drive!

Spudly
08-12-08, 12:53 PM
It must be repairable then if it was only a low speeder then?

Any pics?

dj_wudgey
08-12-08, 01:02 PM
gutted to hear its written off mate really nice car it was!! you just getting a new shell then i gather or are you building a completely different nova??

paddy138
08-12-08, 01:33 PM
thats 2 this weekend because of the ice

AlexW
08-12-08, 01:46 PM
any pics of the damage? keeping it for spares or repairing?

BIGS
08-12-08, 01:50 PM
It must be repairable then if it was only a low speeder then?

Any pics?
Well surly it cant do much damage at 25mph to write it off?

MyNovaSr
08-12-08, 01:51 PM
Driver error im sure ull all agree. I drive like a girl in town, on bends and roundabouts through fear of crashing :p .

P.s. Who will be the first one the edit my quote so it reads "I drive like a girl" :roll:

burgo
08-12-08, 02:25 PM
another one bites the dust

Lynsey
08-12-08, 05:14 PM
Gutted Ben. I think you know which path to follow next year ;) Have you still got the Astra?

I'll pop over before Xmas.

Rich
08-12-08, 06:43 PM
Time for everyone to find a ford to runabout in over winter it seems. Sorry to hear about the nova but somtimes these things cant be helped.

General Baxter
08-12-08, 06:57 PM
yep thats why iv got the bigun lol

im sure what ever i hit ill crush or just bounce off lol

Spudly
08-12-08, 06:59 PM
Thats why i bought the cav last year.....

But it kinda stayed oops.......:roll: :roll:

DW-Nova
08-12-08, 08:33 PM
Feel for you mate, that looks like a nearly nice nova, surley it's not beyond repair though ? You'll be very very suprised at what can be repaired, pretty much anything really !!! would be a real shame to write it off and start again after all the hard work that has gone into it, at least get some quotes from a few bodyshops.

thedjse
08-12-08, 08:44 PM
Another gone if you break let me know

bola
08-12-08, 10:35 PM
gutted matey, looks mint aswell

*Dave*
08-12-08, 11:39 PM
need pics dude !

i smashed my old 1.0 bout 2 years ago straight through a wall and out the other side at about 45-50mph because of **** weather and me goin to fast with 145/80/13 wheels lol

repaired it in a weekend lol.

u must sort this 1, I LOVE IT TOO MUCH lol

~~joycey~~
09-12-08, 12:19 AM
Thats gay! :( Get some pics up mate!

brainsnova
09-12-08, 12:25 AM
repair as this gets repaired http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jENcWbUTsv4

ben doodar
09-12-08, 08:56 PM
What it is thats getting me with this car is the paint.
When i had it a few years ago i had it re-sprayed but the paint was slightly off colour so the guy who was painting it added abit of tinter to try n match it as i didnt have the roof and boot painted, but he didnt mesure how much he was putting in he just added a few squirts of the tinter. So if i do repair it id have to have the whole car done in the original mistral grey, so it all matches up.
The car isnt that badly damaged just needs a wing, the bumper repairing with fibreglass, a new grill and the front panel pulling out a bit.
But im unsure weather to fix it or not, as the cars had more patches than a boat full of pirates, the rear arches are slightly starting to bubble a tiny bit which bugs the funk out of me, a guy ran in the back of it a while ago which strangly did no paint damage but did crease the boot floor which bugs me. Ive allways intended of re shelling it and making a mint job of another to just use now and again, as this cars abit unpractical for everyday use, especially as ive now had a little nipper. so im starting to think call it a day with this one. sad i know but onwards and upwards. im unsure to re-shell this car and make it look exactly the same or do something a little euro style, what do you guys think?

Graeme
09-12-08, 09:09 PM
Definitely don't give up completely, try something different if thats what you fancy, I have more pics of this car @ pv than any other, most definately one of my favorite and inspiring cars I've seen for a whilst

ben doodar
09-12-08, 09:28 PM
Definitely don't give up completely, try something different if thats what you fancy, I have more pics of this car @ pv than any other, most definately one of my favorite and inspiring cars I've seen for a whilst
no way, nice 1 mate youve made me feel all emotional about it now. :cry:
i absolutly love this car every mod ive done to it ive sat n thought will this go with that, n if i do this will that go...
my mates will often ask for my opinion on there cars n not listen to anything else, lol.
id love to see some of the pictures youve got of it dude even tho ive got thousands myself. but il allways be chasing the rot with this car.
do you think i should re-shell it into a mint shell and keep the looks the same?
id like one a little euro style if you know what i mean. but im sure that this whole euro style thing will be just a passing trend, and i plan on keeping my next one for ever. ha ha

Spudly
09-12-08, 09:35 PM
Repair yours as it doesnt sound too bad tbh mate plus you sound like you want to...

When you have done that you can have your car back again while you source a new shell rather than just jumping on the first one that comes along which might not be the best but would probs end up being the only decent available one there and then.
In which scenario you would prob end up getting annoyed/bored and getting rid so imo fix up and wait for a mint shell to turn up!

Graeme
09-12-08, 09:43 PM
Reshell it for definite if your worried about rot, but that was my plan five years ago and then a body shop had my pants down and I'm still waiting to have it painted but all the plans are in place once Christmas is out of the way. Personally a Gsi kitted Nova on Alessios will never tire with me and I don't know why people criticize the look. Mistral grey would be my colour of choice and I was also amazed by the red lip on the wheels, I never would of thought it would of suited a Nova with it being a relatively new / Jap mod but this car really sold it to me. My Nova (admittedly a 2 door saloon with boxed arches front and rear) is going to be a slightly darker Grey on Alessios and I would hate to see your getting stripped for parts like a lots of the good Novas which on here which just need a little TLC to get back to there former glory and to take there place in the club stand hopefully at Billing next year (my choice of show)and as for the pics when I get round to tidying up my PB account I'll get some up

ben doodar
09-12-08, 10:02 PM
well thanks alot for that bud, im really tempted to fix it up now n give it a quick paint job myself as i can spray it was just easyer at the time to get my mate the painter to do it for me. i could give it a quick respray in my garage sort the crash damage out and sort the rear arches out, re spray it the orignal mistral grey and run it for another year or so whilst i build my next nova, if i do sort it il come meet u so u can have a blast in it, if u like it that much! as i dont live to far from u. um... il have to have a think what to do. also give me a shout when u sort the piccys out, cheers bud.

Graeme
09-12-08, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a good plan and if you need any assistance getting it back on the road, give me a shout, I could do with getting my daily driver out and about early next year or if any meets are on anytime soon. Not been down to Stoke since the Fezzy park days, thinking about it nearly ten years ago, very worrying in deed

DW-Nova
09-12-08, 11:23 PM
Please repair this mate, dont do a re-shell !! looks like a lovely car and would be a real shame to scrap it !! just think of it as an excuse to tidy it up, i.e a paint job and the back arches if thats what it needs. If everybody keeps re-shelling it's not going to be long till it gets hard to find a good one.

DW-Nova
15-01-09, 10:59 PM
What happend with this in the end mate ?

Lynsey
15-01-09, 11:08 PM
Yeah Bentley boo, what happened? I might have to come and steal it, I'm missing my little China toooo much just now :(

ben doodar
18-01-09, 08:01 PM
well its just sitting there feeling sorry for itself, lol.
its parked up against a hedge, in need of a wing n a headlight also the bumper needs fixing with sum fibreglass.
really dont know wot to do with it, im geting a sri at the end of this month so mite just break it and use the parts off it for the that, the interior, boot lid, wheels, motorsport shafts + hubs, suspension, fuel tank and few other parts. also thought bout selling it to fund building the sri and keep it as a standard lookin sri rather than resheel my gsi.
thought bout getting it bk on the road for summer whilst building the sri only thing is id have to paint the whole car again as id never get paint to match up with the rest of the car, then maybe break it after that when i finally want the parts from it. i need to sell my mk1 astra gte aswell really, and my turbo mini. any suggestions welcome really haha.

Graeme
18-01-09, 08:07 PM
Sell the above and get it fixed. I don't want to hear lame excuses thank you

ben doodar
18-01-09, 08:16 PM
il put a few pics upo in a sec........

ben doodar
18-01-09, 08:51 PM
like i say the damage aint to bad just got other things to be doing at the minute.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/camraupload185.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/camraupload186.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/camraupload187.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/bendoodar/camraupload188.jpg

ben doodar
18-01-09, 08:52 PM
sorry about the LARGE pics, dont know how to re size them.

let_nova
18-01-09, 09:02 PM
i have a silk violet gsi bumper :thumb: its a start!!

ben doodar
18-01-09, 09:12 PM
im just going to fix this one for now mate to save myself abit of cash, dont suppose ud want to sell the tow eye cover tho?. thanks anyway bud.

scott.parker
18-01-09, 09:25 PM
I would buy a new/second hand one mate, as i think that one will only cause more problems later on.
But do repair the car mate.

Scott

ben doodar
18-01-09, 10:04 PM
nah piece off p!ss to repair that bumper, will save me cash which is what ita all about at the min, theres a brand new, un painted unfitted gsi front bumper and sideskirts coming with the sri next week, ummm........

Graeme
18-01-09, 10:57 PM
Whats the plan then with the new nov? Are you going to keep the pair of them or just make one good one out of the two?

ben doodar
19-01-09, 12:07 AM
Whats the plan then with the new nov? Are you going to keep the pair of them or just make one good one out of the two?

how you doin bud? hows your turbo sedan going?

well ideally i should just break this one for my parts and sell some on to fund the sri also tyhe sri has a few parts i can sell on. that would be the sensible option, and build the sri ready for next year - late summer. but that way i dont have a nice car to go to the vauxhall show in or for the summer months, which would do my head in. but unfortunatly i think thats what im going to do, gotta think about cash really now.

the sri is white and it will most defiantly stay that colour, unsure too badge it as a gsi or not, but it will look like one with gsi colour coded bumpers and interior.
will have a standard hopefully re-built redtop, polished cam cover with blue?? samco hoses. hiden wiring in the engine bay. hid headlight conversion, willwood fourpots (what are allready on the sri), possibly keep my speedlines the way they are now or paint them white, maybe with a black stripe?? unsure at the min.
stonechipped and painted inner arches, suspension, arb's etc. maybe rear disk's axel if i can find one cheap enough. other than that just do a really nice job of doing the build and something i can use as a toy in the nice weather, really looking forward to starting it. will do a project thread when i get it.

Nev da nova
19-01-09, 12:38 AM
Sorry too here of the crash it were looking sweet before

ben doodar
19-01-09, 12:49 AM
Sorry too here of the crash it were looking sweet before

cheers bud. take it your pritty new to the site?
maybe worth putting your location in your profile, where are you from?
also your typing is very LARGE.

Spudly
19-01-09, 02:00 AM
Dude thats nothing sort the old girl out tis a lovely looking motor and such a waste to leave it sitting there or even to break it, doesnt look too bad tbh so get ya spanners out, drink a glass of enthusiasm and get on with it:thumb:

sulphur
19-01-09, 02:02 AM
I love the red lip on those rims. Sets the car off I think. Shame about the bump. :thumb:

andy_017
19-01-09, 08:06 AM
sorry to hear about the car matey

ben doodar
19-01-09, 02:29 PM
Dude thats nothing sort the old girl out tis a lovely looking motor and such a waste to leave it sitting there or even to break it, doesnt look too bad tbh so get ya spanners out, drink a glass of enthusiasm and get on with it:thumb:
the car really has had to much welding done too it mate, theres no point re-pearing it again, would be like polishing a turd lol!
my sri will be better, agree its a shame to c this one gone but i dont justify chucking the money at a rotten car. + moneys tighter these days, i really want to build another one but i cant afford to repair this one just cuz it looks nice, fook it its only a car init!

yh i was on and off about the stripe on the wheel for ages before i did it, im soooo glad i did every1 seems to really like them! and never seen on a nova before. p1sses me off now tho as you can buy loads of sets of wheels with the stripe on.