PDA

View Full Version : DBILAS throttle bodies

dan16v
24-11-02, 01:04 PM
just wondering if any bodies got them i think it was chip that said he got some but they didnt deliver due to him running a std managment? if i was to get them what sort of managment is capable of running them correctly ie lumenition? and how much is a typical engine managment ive only heard of MBE that sbd use, and im abit scared of doing deals with regal spesh when it will be over a grand i need to know they will deliver the bhp :wink:

Stuart
24-11-02, 02:46 PM
DTA www.dtafast.co.uk
MBE
GEMS
Motec
Easy Map
Omex
Prodrive (base one is ?3K lol with no map and no where maps them)

dan16v
24-11-02, 03:19 PM
thanks! went on the dta one sent them a mail see what they say as they didnt seem to have a complete kit and unfortunatly regal are 20mins down the road but i dont realy trust them m8s have had poor service from them!

Stuart
24-11-02, 10:55 PM
most of the acctual bodies that these companies may sell are acctually made by jenvey www.jenvey.co.uk so you can try to get a deal form them and then a deal from an ecu company. i personally recomend lumenition, dta and omex as theya re good and very easy to map on the dyno

CP
25-11-02, 10:41 PM
Jenvey TB's are used by loads of peeps and 100% deliver performance. Not cheap tho

dan16v
26-11-02, 06:20 PM
yea ive noticed there all red with only the little round sticker in the middle changing! so realy i could buy the bodies and manifold direct from jenvy then find out what manegment say regal could map and run them on that managment. as it would be a waste to get managment that i have to travel hours to get mapped?

Stuart
27-11-02, 09:51 AM
with regards to managemet its your call really, i mean if you dont mind travelling that bit further so that you can have a good accurate map done then its going to be worth it in the long run. but then again it does depend on where you are lol

dan16v
28-11-02, 06:07 PM
hmmm rite regal wrote bak the following!Hello,

We can supply you with the Lumention or Alpha Weber systems, however you
need to re-wire a new loom and supply an inlet manifold, the kits cost
approx. ?1700.00inc VAT. We favour the Dbilas system where it is a total
DIY method IE you get in the kit an inlet manifold with injector holes, 2 x
throttle bodies 45mm, with an air plenum chamber attached to the air flow
meter, use the original loom and ECU installation becomes quite easy. Cost
on this kit is ?1010.00inc VAT. Power gains between 25-30bhp is
achievable. Ideally most customers have fitted a power boost valve and a
superchip increase the chip rpm to 7500rpm alter the ignition and fuel. Job
Done!. ?250.00 extra for the chip, this kit does work we have sold quite a
few

Regards

Chris

ok 4 things i dont get!
how can a std vaux managment handle the amount of air and fuel that will be needed, wont it under fuel? and if the air and fuel arnt there surly the bhp and torque wont be?

how can they offer the same amount of bhp as sbd, jenvy etc for almost a grand less?

are 45s big enough for the 2ltr or are 48s better?

and lastly by not geting mappable managment am i restricting myself to later ungrades or if i got bored could i purchase managment at a later date?

omg ive never been able to do cut n paste! thanks mum :D

dan16v
28-11-02, 11:25 PM
dbilas Throttle Body -

pic was here

Description Regal present a new generation of throttle bodies. No need for programming, no need to loose any of your existing instrumentation. These throttle bodies are easy to self fit and come with full fitting instructions.

Uses original equipment air mass meter injectors, air filter box, ECU and throttle switch. Smooth clean idle and a good cold start, produces more power than a twin carb conversion. Full control RPM and load positions.

Meets E2 emissions and is TUV/MOT approved and works in conjunction with catalytic converter.

Insurance friendly (Original equipment retained only inlet manifold and throttle body replaced).

Extra injectors, cams and ECU software available for track and motorsport use.