PDA

View Full Version : front hubs keep worping

inushmiah
07-12-08, 08:02 PM
(the car come with 2.0L 16V with f16 with 22spline cv joints), vibration at 40-60 dident think nothing of it i assumed it was tracking and wheel balancing so done that lot still same problem
then jacket fronts up started in gear and you can see the distortion in hub(Bearing)
changed both front hubs got two from scrap yard put them on with new track rods and lower bal joints reset all camber and toe took it for another test run was fine covered about 20-30miles and same problem happened hubs are gone again

any 1 have a clue or had the same problem
any advice would help thanks

Mike
07-12-08, 08:09 PM
I cant really understand what the fcuk your on about as your spelling & grammer is fcuking appaulling!

Benn
07-12-08, 08:18 PM
Cant beileve you'll warp a hub, maybe a brake disc.

lol at mike.

Rich
07-12-08, 08:23 PM
If you give it a good hammering you have probably warped the discs, then again if you didnt give the new brakes a chance to wear in first..

Dont know how you would warp a hub

Best option would be some bigger better brakes, or use decent pads/discs if your using cheap stuff at the moment

Mike
07-12-08, 08:29 PM
How have you come to the conclusion the hubs are warped???

inushmiah
07-12-08, 09:09 PM
i take the disc pads and cv joint out and hubs spin free
its the bearing thats worn just wondering what causes it

sory when i say warped hub, i mean the hub looks warped but inner buring has uneven wearing

Stuart
07-12-08, 09:12 PM
they wear out.... they arent infallible lol (plus crappy scrapyard ones wont have new bearings in)

They must be mega ****ed to make the wheels shake as I ran a mullered bearing for 18 months (15K miles) and it never shook lol

inushmiah
07-12-08, 09:15 PM
its a bit strange that it happend to both hub sets, and both sides.
could it be somting to do with cv joints or somthing

Stuart
07-12-08, 09:21 PM
very very doubtful

did you reuse the brake discs?

inushmiah
07-12-08, 09:27 PM
no after the first time i got brannew discs
as you spin the wheel it wobles coz of the bearing and disc is fine as well had another look placet it on the lathe
i think its somthing to do with the cv joint their is nothing i can think of

inushmiah
07-12-08, 10:01 PM
found out what the problem was it is the cv joint
when centre nut was done up with airgun their is still movment of cv joint (in and out) "and it did have the large washer befor the nut" so im gona load 2 washers each side with new bearings

thanks any way guys

Benn
07-12-08, 10:35 PM
Do it up by hand,

let_nova
07-12-08, 10:51 PM
Do it up by hand,

????

fronts to be as tight as poss, has it not?

napalm_27
07-12-08, 11:07 PM
just read this and mine judders under brakeing at around 40mphish havent been able to get the wheels off to find the problem yet due to work and not havin the locking wheel nut key but iv got a set of disks and caliper off my cav to go on with green stuff pads so hopefully its just the disks gone and nothing else

Benn
09-12-08, 08:42 PM
????

fronts to be as tight as poss, has it not?

Not all air guns will do it tight enough, some run out of pull. As in it needs to be crap in your pants tight.