PDA

View Full Version : Turbo diesel overkill

Fridge
06-12-08, 11:17 PM
This guy on mig has a 1.5td corsa with THREE turbos, even has pics to prove!!!

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/291769-isuzu-turbo-diesel-tuning-guide-15.html

Kind of feel........ somehow....... impotent with the van now:(

Edit: Scroll down to 'santaclause' the rest is just boring

Count Vaux Alot
07-12-08, 12:22 AM
Very Very nice!

Sloth
07-12-08, 12:42 AM
thats beaten baxter......

burgo
07-12-08, 06:01 AM
concidering its suposed to have 3 turbos i can only see one!!

Jack
07-12-08, 07:41 AM
I can see one, and if that is a "3rd" its in a rather odd place... Can't see all three either though.

Need bigger, clearer pics...

Fridge
07-12-08, 09:18 AM
Is it just my pangs of jealousy or does this guy sound like a bit of a penis

"seeing as theres another guy on here claiming the same thing , but as yet hasnt shown any proof as yet , and the spec is incoherent , but claims 286hp ??? "

little bit conceited?

RJ, one thing i would say about the oddly placed turbo; Did you see PPC a few months ago with the turbo slung under the back end? Apparently that worked ok.

Some of his statements seem odd, but it may just be my lack of knowledge.
Like choosing a 1.5 for more meat between the cylinders? when was the last time someone blew through a cylinder wall? I guess it would give you more material between cylinders on the head gasget but would that realy be the first thing to go or would the head lift up first?
Also, saying that peak power will be the same as a 1.7td? How? There is no substitute for cc's. I asumed that what ever power you would make on a 1.5 you'll get a little bit more if you bored it out a bit.

Finaly, he refers to his 'extensive calculations' and 'simulations' and he just makes me think of the crazy profesor guy from southpark who lives with that midget thing.

But Mainly i think i'm jealous.

burgo
07-12-08, 10:54 AM
id like to know how hes got round the heads exploding? as ive heard a number of times that over 25psi the heads start to disintergrat. the bloke with the tri turbo on recons hes not touched the internals aswell but the rods are made of toffee in these things

Sloth
07-12-08, 02:04 PM
hmmmm, i sense a disturbance in the derv side of the force.
the third one is mounted up near the os headlight, a remote turbo, and the other one is at the rear of the block behind the sump. tbh, i dont see the point. buy an astra cdti 1.9 motor and stuff that in, chipped to 240 bhp and 400ftlb.......

Fridge
07-12-08, 02:23 PM
interesting.......
Are those figures reliable and is the block massivley heavy?
I feel a track day derv coming on.

Sloth
07-12-08, 02:39 PM
dude, the lumps good, if ya get a late one, the early ones are a bit fragile. look at the astra t888, that got 200bhp from a simple remap. the thorney guy who i spoke to at pv07 said it was capable of the above figures just that vaux didnt want it to steal the vxr's crown. the engines are still a bit pricey tho.

dj_wudgey
08-12-08, 01:12 PM
i dont know i dont think id bother me i dont like diesel's they sound well crap i need a nice noise coming from any car i drive lol

Jack
08-12-08, 01:45 PM
RJ, one thing i would say about the oddly placed turbo; Did you see PPC a few months ago with the turbo slung under the back end? Apparently that worked ok.
Yes, remote turbos on the back are tried and tested, however this one appears to be located behind the headlamp. Ok, thats a good location for the inlet side of things, but it can't be good for the exhaust to route up round there can it? If it will even fit up round there?

craig green
08-12-08, 02:28 PM
Hats off to the geezer. I love mad hatters in sheds making things for themselves.

Fridge
08-12-08, 11:10 PM
Yes, remote turbos on the back are tried and tested, however this one appears to be located behind the headlamp. Ok, thats a good location for the inlet side of things, but it can't be good for the exhaust to route up round there can it? If it will even fit up round there?

If you enlarge the picture you can see the there essentially is no exhaust. It comes out of the turbo, there's a 3 inch pipe and it then exits out of the bonnet, straight up. Thats it. I think the three turbos do all the silencing work.