PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken covers off nova wing mirrors?

M7VLJ
06-12-08, 05:46 PM
just woundering if anyone has attempted o take the covers off the mirrors not yet looked at how to do it myself yet just wanted to get an idea before i break them
cheers

brainsnova
06-12-08, 06:14 PM
they are just cliped on start at the bottom and try not to mark the plastic. second thoughts i pulled the covers off with my hands but that might just be my way lol

Nick J
06-12-08, 06:21 PM
The best way is to use your hands and dislodge the mirror housing from the baseplate housing. ( Imagine if your mirror had been clipped by another car and it got knocked back etc) Once youve done that the cover itself will simply slide off without breaking any clips that hold it on. :)

Rexy
06-12-08, 06:25 PM
beat me to it nick lol... exaclty what he said :P

or you could be an animal and get a screw drive and prise them off, you animal you...

Nick J
06-12-08, 07:02 PM
beat me to it nick lol... exaclty what he said :P

or you could be an animal and get a screw drive and prise them off, you animal you...

Great minds think alike Mr Rex! ...... hope your willys treating you well?? ;)

Rexy
06-12-08, 09:22 PM
it is now mate :D |It is now :D

Its on a weight loss diet, and it feels miles miles miles better, It was like a fat lard **** before who didnt want to move. Now its like a little spring lamb who wants to run around and piss on the other lambs.

Novasport
06-12-08, 09:25 PM
Once youve done that the cover itself will simply slide off without breaking any clips that hold it on. :)

Thankyou mr Haynes! More like...
'Come off you f****ing thing, ouch you b***tard, oh s**t I've F****in broken the clips' lol

MK999
06-12-08, 11:56 PM
Earlier today in fact, have to be a bit brutal to get them to snap off onto their metal hinge things, just pretend you're trying to knock the thing off and push in the direction of front to back of the car, then lift the top of cover and pull it away from the glass and it should just clip.

Your first instinct will be to push it down to get it off but this actually engages the clips. First time i tried it it was hopeless and i ended up masking them to paint, but as soon as you've done it once it's a 5 second job!