PDA

View Full Version : droping the box out of 16v?

dan16v
23-11-02, 12:57 PM
as i will be banned from the 9th of december im gunna fit my LSD, i take it i will have to drop the engine out or can the engine remain in position? the LSD is already in a gear box but is it much hassle to transfere it into myne as that way i know that my gbox is sound as the other is from a grass track car (abused?). and is there any thing else i should do ie seals etc whilst its out got a new thrust bearing may get a fast road clutch?
And lastly SBD are advertising titanium valve caps for the c20xe are they refereing to hydraulic lifters? got to get some asap myne taps like mad till warmed up!
thanks for any help! :wink:

dan16v
24-11-02, 11:55 AM
more or less got the lsd out of the origanol box just need to know which way to rotate the big metal casting to allow the diff to drop out? the diff is movable but needs this casting un screwed first! just checking its not a left hand thread! :o

CP
25-11-02, 10:48 PM
It undoes anti- clockwise as normal. Its got a locking tab hold it inplace. Use a flat metal bar across the castellations to undo. The diff needs to be cockled to 1 side and is quite a fiddle to get out. You may have to file away the diff casing a bit to get the new one back in.