PDA

View Full Version : what do i need for central locking and...

MattyWoo
23-11-02, 08:29 AM
Right i'm off to the breakers yard today, i would have posted it earlier but my internet has been down thanks to NTL's "lovely service" BASTARDS!!!

Anyways i'm goin to look for cars that i can nick central locking from, all the guides i've seen are either for a volvo 340GLS or a central locking kit. My breakers don't have any 340GLS's so i was wondering if there is anything else i could get it out of like a mk2 cavalier or something.
Also what do i need, is it just 2 motors or do i need a control unit as well?? The same goes for leccy windows and heated seats, what do i need and what cars can i find them in??
Its a bit short notice i know
Cheers
Matt

mikeoxford
24-11-02, 07:03 PM
altho i am probably too l8 - and uv been the scrapers already ill still post a reply

erm

heated seats i have found are more common in volvos in scrapers than any other car

BE WARNED THOUGH - i didnt realise quite what a heated seat pad was - until i sliced striahg through one - and said to my mate who was with me at the time, where is it! it must be in here somewhere as it has the switches!!!

there not metallic or anything like what i expected they would be - my volvo ones are made from thin foam.

the pads in the older volvos are smaller, and the newer models bigger, you can JUST get away with using the newer pads, as i have done.

qas for central locking - if you want normal dirvers operated door locking then grab a motor from each side on a cavalier and the black box - i dont know where this is mounted on cavs.

if you want it to be wired form an alarm, u will need two passenger side motors - as the normal drivers one, is only a "switch" if you like.

HTH sorry if it is of no use now.

mike