PDA

View Full Version : Split rear screen

Matt Finary
23-11-02, 12:56 AM
What do you think should I make a split rear screen for the flying machine or not?

Matt :)

mikeoxford
23-11-02, 01:05 AM
horizontally or vertically?

?Marty?
23-11-02, 01:31 AM
Only if you're having a spoiler similar to Jamie Shaw's R5 and need to do that for strength.

Otherwise DON'T.

Although, you could do it other ways too. Have a look at Mynheers Clio rear spoiler for inspiration.

djp_y2k
23-11-02, 10:43 AM
God dam it, I think we must have been separated at birth or something. Thats the second idea we have both had that has been the same.

The only reason i didnt go through with it was because one of my mates has done it to his r5 (purple one featured in max power a couple of months ago).

I didnt want to be seen copying him.

I would say go for it as it will look sweet.

U will confuse people even more to what the car is supposed to be.

By any chance you wouldnt be changing ur front lights.

Matt Finary
23-11-02, 12:15 PM
Dan was the R5 Andy Clark's?

Yes I am having different front lights! :lol:

Cool Marty, I'm now working on a spoiler which is quite like Jamie Shaw's but it might have the old carbon fibre treat :D

Was the Mynheer's Clio Black with a spoiler that bigger than the car :o

Breeny
23-11-02, 01:41 PM
Mynheers clio was shit.

Changing front headlights? Thats not original! LOL

Matt Finary
23-11-02, 01:48 PM
New Mondeo ones :D

djp_y2k
23-11-02, 09:43 PM
Yea thats the one.

I like the idea of the spoiler. I'm not fond of the one on the black clio though.

What do the new mondeo lights look like, I cant remember. U havnt got a pic of ur car with them on it have u?

?Marty?
24-11-02, 12:42 AM
The mynheer spoiler was a work of art (well, pretty nice anyway), but it looks absolutely shite on a car. It was bigger than the friggin' clio.

I don't like split rear screens, unless it's necessary for such a spoiler. Otherwise it creates the illusion that the car is really tall, but narrow. Aspecially with low rear bumper and a big rear spoiler.

Breeny
24-11-02, 02:54 AM
Saw some of the new Seat Ibiza headlights on a nova in France, looked really nice.

?Marty?
25-11-02, 12:00 AM
I was going to fit Mk2 Punto lights to mine, but then decided on the Fiat Stilo Ones instead.

And now, finally, i've decided i can't be arsed with my nova no more (so i'm just going to have it kitted-up (nothing custom, though the 'blend' is good :lol: ) re-sprayed, 'tidy-up' the interior, chuck in some i.c.e. to drown out the valver...and sell the fucker. Or burn it, coz no-one will want to pay my stupidly ridiculous asking price. (of a ?1, probably :lol: )

Then i'll get a 'proper' car. But then again, i might see what Karthik/matt/dan has done to theirs, get jealous and rip mine to bits again. This time 'to do it properly' :lol: , thus wasting the money i'm spending on it now.

djp_y2k
25-11-02, 08:27 AM
lol :lol:

Marty you change your mind all the time.

Matt Finary
25-11-02, 12:24 PM
Marty I thought about Punto front lights too :o

Matt :D