PDA

View Full Version : Karthiks New Runaround

Breeny
23-11-02, 12:39 AM
yep only his runaround car that he swore to leave alone :lol:
Also some pics of Andy's polo G40 which was also done at Type K Styling too, if you want the number, let me know.. i'll dig out out for you.

http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/karthik1.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/karthik2.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/karthik3.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/karthikandAndy.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/Andy1.jpg

Matt Finary
23-11-02, 12:51 AM
Yes I don't like it :lol:

Matt :)

?Marty?
23-11-02, 01:09 AM
Wish i had rich parents. But no, i've had to make my fortune myself.

djp_y2k
23-11-02, 10:50 AM
Cant see the cars properly as the pics are to dark.

Fester
23-11-02, 08:53 PM
amazing what you can get for 99p

just joshing, nice euro style, i like em

wisewood
23-11-02, 09:40 PM
not bad i suppose :lol:

shame not better pictures... but looks nice for a little run around.

Ian
24-11-02, 02:30 AM
not fussed on the arches, make it look like a golf, and the mirrors look like m3 ones dipped in filler. other than that not bad lol

djp_y2k
24-11-02, 01:20 PM
Just played with the brightness and now I can c the pics.

I think they look cool.

Like the rims on the nova

RobIsGrt18
24-11-02, 05:54 PM
wow!! thats class, really like it, respect to K !!!

locky
24-11-02, 07:04 PM
Looking good!
Well done to the guy!

?Marty?
24-11-02, 11:41 PM
It's pretty nice (the Nova), though i don't like the Mk1 headlights and the bonnet (bad-boy, but it seems to be a curved/wavy one - could be the pics).

And the Polo's crap.

?Marty?
25-11-02, 12:07 AM
Was going to add that i've been told that K does not, in fact, do his own work. He just comes up with the ideas and finances them.

But then again i wouldn't really know, since i've never even met the guy.

And its pretty stupid of me to pass judgement on cars i've never even seen 'in the flesh (or metal)'.

Oh and i don't know if i'm a bit mad myself (though i have been told that i'm 'eccentric'), or others are just too conservative, but everytime i see something supposively 'looney bonkers mad', or hear such 'looney bonkers mad' ideas, i allways think 'is that it?', what's so 'looney bonkers mad' about that then? Anyone else like that?

Fester
25-11-02, 12:09 AM
sorry to start getting MIGgy but any 'slapped wrist gen'?

?Marty?
25-11-02, 02:14 AM
For clear, daylight pictures of that Nova:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/jamiepryer/KsNova.htm

Nah, i don't like it now. At all. Looks good in the picture posted by Breeny, but that's it.

dave.gsi
25-11-02, 04:19 PM
lol at the 'do not park here sign'!

poo car, nice arches

jkhilton
25-11-02, 05:25 PM
Not my cup of tea really, I'm not sure about the euro styling atall! Still, it shows what he can do and would definately stand out at a cruise just for the fact that there wont be many other cars knocking around like that. I preferred the Jap styling of his last one.

Matt Finary
25-11-02, 05:47 PM
In daylight I think it look even worse, his other one was much better.

djp_y2k
25-11-02, 07:11 PM
I've got to say I still like it.

There are parts that I dont like such as the bad boy and the way the back of the sideskirt sits, but overall it looks pretty cool.

spanishfly
25-11-02, 09:43 PM
who told u k don't do the work!!
here we go again!!
leave the bloke alone please!!!!!
i have personally witnessed him working on his cars and that of others!
i have pics of him working on that very nova!! so don't give me the 'he don't do his own work'
sorry to be all grumpy but as i said to breeny b4, no matter what k does in certain eyes it will always be crap(could it be jealousy??????)

big up k:) and the others for there nice comments:)

Anton
25-11-02, 09:49 PM
I *think* i like it. Nice to see something different about. And after all, isn't that what modding a car is ment 2 b about- making it different.

?Marty?
25-11-02, 11:14 PM
as i said to breeny b4, no matter what k does in certain eyes it will always be crap(could it be jealousy??????)

If something is different, then there will be more people that dislike it, rather than like it. It's just common sense. Simple sommon sense. If more people liked it, it wouldn't be different as it'd be copied.

If negative comments are made, then it's instantly because of 'jealousy' or whatever else. But if it's positive then that's allowed?

But it goes both ways. Maybe the positive ones are made because of 'arse liking'? Because those people 'want something'? Oh no! Course not!

Just coz in certain eyes something has been crap so far, doesn't mean that it will allways be crap. That's just implying that the opinions are made for reasons other than because that's the honest opinion of the person making them.

Have you stopped to consider that maybe, to those people, the things done so far have in fact been crap?

No one's said that the workmanship itself is crap. Just the whole finished article in general.

And anyway, some opinions, be them positive or negative, are made with other considerations in mind. It is not possible to know whether they indeed are 'purely honest opinions' or with some kind of influence/agenda. Even if the person states 'this is my pure honest opinion'.

Its funny how positive opinions are all so readily accepted as honest, and all negative one's as having some hidden bias. Or is it more the case of only listening to what you want to hear? True or otherwise.

I couldn't care less of others opinions, it's my own that matter. As i know what my truth is. Though it doesn't mean that i won't listen.

Anonymous
26-11-02, 09:57 AM
Looks awful in those daylight photos, they dont even vauguely do it justice, expecially the mad paint.

It really is a car that you need to see in the flesh i think, based on those pictures id say i didnt like it, but having seen it in real life its great.

Put it like this, it drew a bigger crowd down sutton last week than two concours modifed eccy cossies did the week before!

Literally stopped the traffic with the crowds gathered around it, and these werent just nova lovers, this was everyone.

K does all the bodywork himself, but he has a painter that works for him who does the spraying.

Hes a very hard working guy struggling to run a busines, so keep the rich parent comments to yourself cause it just isnt accurate to think of him as a spoilt rich kid, hes a hardworking person going it alone.

chip

Ian
26-11-02, 10:33 AM
i think marty has a point there, whenever someone doesnt like something its always because they're jealous :roll: according to some people.

we'll have to see it in the flesh then chip, there is definitely a difference in day and night pics for the way the paint works looks like it might need sunlight on it to look its best.

have to say nice paint or not still not my style of car, ruins the classic nova arches, if i wanted golf style arches id buy a golf. the mirrors just let the car down completely just look bodged, but it is only a run around so ill let him off , but if he is using as a demo car id expect better. nice tailgate idea :?

Matt Finary
26-11-02, 11:39 AM
I still think it look crap, I'm not jealous. I really liked his last one. I don't like the arches, the nova arches are one of the things that make a nova. I was working one the flying machine the other day and I could here two blokes talking, one bloke came up to me and asked what car it was. I said it was a Nova and said that's what he thought it was because of the arches. He turned to his mate and said it's a Nova, turned out his mate had owned 4 nova!
I think many will not like the flying machine, but it was built by me for me :D .

Was this K's big new project then?

wisewood
26-11-02, 12:59 PM
what are those arches from? or are they custom made?

I quite like the pictures of it at night - but don't like it in the day light.
I don't like the colour, looks more dark grey at night, which is nice... I don't like the mirrors, the arches or the front bumper much either.

My opinion, and I know i couldn't do better myself, but I think it looks terrible.

**edit 02-12-2002**
on reflection - and looking at the car again... i have decided i do actually like it after all... i was a little harsh to say the least before... some effort has been put into that... I like it. Still not keen on the colour - but he must like it and that's what counts.

locky
26-11-02, 04:54 PM
Flared arches-----they "make" the nova, thats y a 5 door doesnt look as nice, coz its missing that little somthing!

djp_y2k
26-11-02, 06:24 PM
I like anything different, hence y I like this.

I personally like the arches, but I would have done them slightly different. If he was going to flare as he's done I think he should of got rid of the shape of the original arch.

Not sure if it would look any better though.

AndyNo1
27-11-02, 12:04 AM
Each to their own I suppose :)

LOL at the comment of rich parents comment........so what if he has rich parents?

Do you know K personally? Do you know how much time, effort and how much of HIS OWN money he has put into that business? DIDNT THINK SO!

What was the need for a comment like that for anyway?? Nice attitude my friend. The sad thing is K is such a decent bloke and if you all knew him properly these post wouldnt even exist.

I think you should keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Some of you are very sad people...

?Marty?
27-11-02, 12:19 AM
Fuckin' ell Andy, all those sperm, and yours was the fastest?

I posted the 'rich parents' comment. Take it to mean what you want. I don't give a shit.

What's it got to do with having a business anyway? Money doesn't make it succeed (can help though - advertising). Whether it's your own, your parents or a loan. If you succeed then you start making money, which IS then your own.

AndyNo1
27-11-02, 12:26 AM
So explain your "rich parents" comment then........

?Marty?
27-11-02, 01:58 AM
I've just had another look at the daylight photo's (coz of the i like what he's done to the tailgate comment) and i actually quite like it now. Even the colour! :lol:

Apart from the front bumper. :roll:

RJM25R
28-11-02, 08:47 AM
Personally, I think it is far superior to the last one he built. The jap one looked good in the mags (although not my style) but I saw it at the Max Power "Nova's VS Corsa day" when it still had 18" wheels and then at TRAX 2001. Up close I thought it was VERY rough, and the fibreglass was all cracking (2litre/turbo vibration is not going to help....) and the paint was far from brilliant, and the interior was bolloxed. This new one is a credible attempt, but as far as "original" is concerned, I've seen these arches on a red 1.6 16v in REDLINE 2 years ago (car was built by 2 brothers), the tailgate and rear number plate recess is ripped off from IAN STOREY'S car, painted rear lights should be left to the SAXO boys and smooth bumpers are hardly a breakthrough and the mirrors? least said etc.... though I can think of a million and one reasons Not to like it, at least it is an "original collection of ideas seen elsewhere and put together on this car" and not a carbon-copy of someone elses... But my opinion is worthless, but as a true exponent of "euro-style" I hope someone does it proper soon..... LOL!

Anonymous
28-11-02, 09:51 AM
LMFAO @ you lot!

So half the problem is it looks too much like other novas, and half the problem is that it doesnt look enough like a nova.

LOL!

Judging kartriks lst one by when you saw it half finsihed on 18" rims is hardly fair, but then again, there is that famous old saying:
"Never show a woman or an idiot a half finished job!"

Trust me, when you see the other one he is doing you are going to feel like a right c*nt for accusing him of not being orginal.

Truth is though novas have been utterly done to death now, and i cant see many ways in which yuo can be orginal with them without going totally over the top and compeltely changing it (like K has with the other one)

Chip

Ian
28-11-02, 10:28 AM
id hardly say it was half finished if he'd put it on a magazine stand at trax.

Anonymous
28-11-02, 04:54 PM
Well, when it was finished the bodywork was mint and it was running on 19" rims, so surely thats enough proof that it wasnt finished at the time?

Chip

Ian
28-11-02, 09:14 PM
at trax 2000 i think it was on 18s think ricks mixed up, trax 2001 it was on a mag stand with 19s, and i wouldnt exactly say the bodywork was mint, or the interior!

?Marty?
29-11-02, 01:03 AM
when you see the other one he is doing you are going to feel like a right c*nt for accusing him of not being orginal

Apart from the fact that no one has said he will never be original. They just stated that the stuff done so far wasn't.

And the one he's building now will be impressive even if it's 'tastelessly done', just for the sheer ammount of work, time and money spent on it.

It is very unlikely that a 'private' individual would take a project as far as someone who is using it for advertising/promotion. It just would not be economical, where as if used for business purposes the cost can be offset as promotional expenditure. i.e. you might lose money on the car, but in return it might generate turnover.

And when a car is used for such purpose, the more ott and crazy it is, the better. Whereas 'in the real world' that may not be the case.

Anonymous
29-11-02, 01:30 AM
Ian, cant remember the point at which you are referring to, as i saw the car many times, but at one point it was utterly mint, but because it was a car that was used hard and people were permenantly jumping in and out of etc obivously it didnt stay as mint as when it was first built for long, its a bit different keeping something like that mint than a tidy little SR after all.

Truth is some people love to criticise, but K's little runabout is exactly that, he spent LESS THAN A GRAND on the ENTIRE car, that for literally everything, all the parts, the paint, buying the car itself etc.
Its not supposed to be a demonstration of everything he is capable of. its just something he chucked together with bits he had lieing around the workshop cause he was bored of driving the car looking standard.

Its just a bit of fun, and i think its hard to argue it hasnt got a bit more character and doesnt turn a few more heads now than as a standard very tired looking gte before.

I find it hilarious when people acuse him of being some spoilt richkid when he is driving around in car costing under a grand and that he did every little bit of bodywork on himself, it couldnt be fruther from a cheque book car if it tried! Only thing he didnt DIY was the actual painting, as multi colour paint like that is a real art, and although K is not bad at spraying he hasnt got that good yet so his mate paul did it for him.

I dont think anyone has ever been more harshly judged than K gets, hes more of a nova enthusiast than most of the people on this site, and yet that counts for nothing when having a go at him, and people who have never done anything similar just sit there and pick fault.

Im glad im just someone with a few novas who visits here occasionally rather than a real hardcore member of this forum, cause frankly id be embarassed to be tarred with the same brush as half of you over critical morons.

No wonder nova owners have a bad repuation if you treat one of your own like this!!

Chip

?Marty?
29-11-02, 01:59 AM
I'm bored, as you've probably gathered.

I dont think anyone has ever been more harshly judged than K gets
Maybe so, but that's because his name get's mentioned all the time, followed by some kind of overblown statement. So he gets dragged into a conversation, due to no fault of his own. It's like 'look at K's car ', rather than 'look at this car'. Like there's supposed to be some kind of difference. Therefore any comments made about the car, end up having his name in them too.

hes more of a nova enthusiast than most of the people on this site and
No wonder nova owners have a bad repuation if you treat one of your own like this!!

ok

http://pub131.ezboard.com/fcruisesouthfrm1.showMessage?topicID=14513.topic&index=84

For those that can't be bothered to click above, it's a link to a post on Cruise South by Karthik. It say's:

I have come on the board after a long time simply to pass my opinion..........

NOVAS ARE SHITE!!!!

I own 2 at the mo and had one before!!! Thats 3 novas!!!

They are all SHIT!!!!
......I love novas but lets be honest here, they are SHITE!!!!

Really!? Then why does he keep buying and modifying them? Didn't he realise after the first? You won't find people on here saying that. Or is it a case of 'all nova's are shite, except the one's i've done...i'm showing everyone how they should be...because i'm jesus' :lol: (ok so i over exaggerated on the last remark)

people who have never done anything similar just sit there and pick fault
That's irrelevant. If people see a fault (even if it only exists in their eyes) they will pick it.

Does that mean you can't say that something taste's crap, because you can't cook/haven't cooked it? No.

Anonymous
29-11-02, 09:09 AM
Is there ANYONE on this forum who doesnt actaully realise that novas are shit cars?

Surely thats the fun of it, take my 2.1 litre hybrid turbo'd cammed up monster, that started as a 1.2 merit nova, one of the shitest cars ever to grace the planet, shite brakes, shite handling, questionable styling even when new, but SO much potential.
My car now beats M3 bmws with ease, thats just hilarious as far as im concerned.

Thats the whole challenge of owning a modifed nova, you are starting with one of the worst cars ever made in almost every aspect, but with a little effort and a bit of cash its possible to turn it into something thats great fun, and individual, most of us take the easy route and add power to make our nova stand out, K takes the far more difficult route and sculptures their looks as well.

Chip

Anonymous
29-11-02, 09:18 AM
It's like 'look at K's car ', rather than 'look at this car'

dont re ridiculous, what else was breeny suposed to say?
"Heres a nova but im not saying who owns it"

If he hadnt said who owned it then the first post would havebeen asking who it belonged to anyway!

Chip

Breeny
29-11-02, 11:12 AM
Chip i wouldn't waste the skin on your fingers replying to all this. Rise above them mate :)

Matt CS
29-11-02, 11:18 AM
haha some people do really make me laugh
just to clear a few things up,
k did most of the work on his "runaround", k is not a panel beater and doesnt claim to be one. hes learnt from others aswell as self taught himslef things. i can vouch that 90% of the work done on that car he did himself, the finishing touchs were done by his staff. a lot of work went into that car, some nights we didnt leave the workshop till after nidnight.

the car was slapped together ina short space of time as he needed a car to drive to get to work in etc. from start to finish your looking at no longer than 2 weeks. like chip mentioned the car was put together for under a grand. the cars not perfect and he doesnt claim it to be so. he needed a car and he got one on the road asap.

and to the people who dont liek the front and rear bunpers? they are standard gsi bumpers with the 2 grooves taken out, and colour coding surely theres nothing not to like?

and i knew k's comment about novas being shit would anger those die hard nova lovers. like chip mentioned they are shit, he knows it but it doesnt stop him modding them. it has nothing to do with "novas are shit appart from the ones i do" its the fact he knows em inside out and has no problem cuttin the shit out of a shitter that cost 300?

and to all the people who have judged k witout even knowing and meeting the guy keep ya bullshit opinions to yaself. the guy is a top bloke and always willing to help a m8 out, u dont know his background u obviously know very little about him so stop basing posts on rumours like "he does no work on any of his cars" cause u just make yaself look a muppet infront of the people that actually know him.

some of the only level headed comments have come from chip and andyno1. funnily enough both know k and know the truth behind all the shit people spread about the guy.

Rick Draper
29-11-02, 12:24 PM
FFS i aint bothered replying to this cause i knew what would happen. IMHO most of you lot need to get a grip, its K's car he has done it how he likes it and judging by the comments by most of you on links with pics of peoples cars on you dont like any fucking thing. ItS HIS CAR HE HAS BUILT IT HOW HE WANTS IT SO WHY PICK OUT WHAT YOU DONT FUCKING LIKE Cool Marty where the fuck are pics of your car before you pick faults in others? Or is yours so shit you have to put a pic of p1nky one of the wankest novas ever near your name? Rick

?Marty?
30-11-02, 01:21 AM
:lol: aaaaaaaanyway. It's pretty clear that everyone's got their own opinions and they won't budge. And that negative opinions of any kind are not really welcome.

If someone makes an opinion about another person they don't really know, aspecially if it's based on what others have told them, there's no need to start calling names and throwing insults. Just tell em what you think, or how it is. They should then stand corrected.

Like when i said that i've been told that K doesn't even do any of the work. So what, i don't know! That's what i've been told, and my statement of opinion was in fact as much of a question as just a mere statement.

And people change their opinions a lot too. I haven't met anyone from this forum, but i have people that i like more than others, and those that i don't. But that's just based on what i've 'seen and heard'. if i met everyone in person, i might change my mind, or i might think the same. Who knows.

Rick - i don't have any pics of my car. If someone else took them and gave me copies then cool, but i thought it strange to go get a camera, go out to my car and start taking pictures. Plus it's in the process of being re-built after almost every single panel has been vandalised in one way or another (paint, scratches, dents, etc).

And what difference would it make if i had a picture of my own car? Would this then be used to determine whether i am entitled to make an opinion? What if it is shit?
I think it's pretty obvious it's so people that don't like my opinion could say 'your's is even shitter'. People that might have a different opinion if i posted it under an annonimous name, but have already preformed their opinions purely on the basis of my posts. It's cool though. i really don't mind.
I have a lot of people tell me that it's really smart and they ask me questions about it. And then my mate turns up and takes the piss out of it, calling it shit and etc. And me? Sometimes i like it, but most of the time i do think it's shit. I'd rather be driving an RX7 on 20's, but i have a Nova at the moment so i'm going to 'play about with it' till i get bored and move on.

If a picture has been posted, then you have to expect all sorts of opinions. Sure you'll get loads of people saying 'it's fuckin well smart', but what if you see it and you don't think so? Sure you could just say nothing, but why? Does your opinion not count? And if you do make an opinion, then might as well give reasons for it.

I really like the sound of what Matt and dan (djs_y2k) are building, even though i don't like the idea of 20's on a Nova. But so what, i'll see what it looks like when it's done. I may change my opinion and think it's great.

Maybe a picture should be posted, and the post instantly locked then?

Oh and Rick, it's pretty funny how you're so quick to jump in defence of K, but then make the same kind of statement about Dom's Nova (Pinky) that you so strongly defend.

Slatter
30-11-02, 11:01 AM
Well personally i really like his new car even if it is a run about. and if it cost him less than 1k then fair play. I wish i could builod something like that for that much money.

As a few of you may be aware i havent been about for a few months and what a surprise when i get back.

Arguing again.

I think a few people on here need to sort there little heads out and think about wot they are going to type before they type it. Why bother writing a reply if there is not point to what you are writing in it.

Alot of thing people have said i agree with but some people just write utter bolloks.

If some people turn the time back a year ago we all had a much better time on here. There were real nova enthusiasts on here and chatting at night.

But now in my opinion thing are going all fucked up. I wish we could get back to how it used to be in the good old days... Anyone agree ???

Slatter

dan16v
30-11-02, 12:55 PM
if you had the best nova in the world ud still get holes picked in it. same as people saying its tight posting ian hitting the bmw. why should we care? i expect ians car will come back even better ne way so why should he care bout peps ripping it on here?. I think when you realy look there arnt that many good novas but tthe ones that are good get holes picked in them!
if some one dissed my nova i wouldnt take any notice its MY car not theres! :evil:

Nova-Flair
30-11-02, 07:26 PM
i cant understand how that car has got such a slating.

as the title of the post says this car is a 'runaround' i wouldnt mind having a runaround like that would n e of you???

personally i think that the bloke has done something original and the car will turn heads. the style is not to my personal taste and not something i would work towards when building my motor but if he likes it who are we to tell him it is sh!te??

i think a bit of common sense wouldnt go amiss with some people on here.

ainsley_brader
30-11-02, 07:51 PM
When I had my nova the tweo things i really liked about it were the mk1 lights and the square arches and if i get another one it will have both of these.

However i've just looked at these pics and on the whole i really like the look of the car.
Ok some bits i dont like the sideskirts would have been better smoothed in and the rear arches should have lost the nova line altogether as someone else and id have thought mk2 lights would suit the front end better.
But otherwise love the bonnet, the colour and the arches may not be unique but are certainly different and i like them on this car.

To think it only stands him at a grand is quite a credit aswell wether he paid or his "mummy" or he did the work himself.

Ainsley

Ballsy
01-12-02, 09:08 PM
heres my 2p worth

i dont like it!!! i dont like the arches, dont like the mirrors, hate the alloys and various diffrent parts of the car

but thats just my opinion,
i dont know the guy and iv never seen the car in the fleash/metal, what matters is that he likes it!!

on every car on the street there will be somthing that ppl will pick a fault with, thats just life!! get over it!!

and as for ppl saying that novas are s**t, cum on every body knows that novas are the best cars goin!!

Ballsy

Tilly
02-12-02, 12:19 AM
Id have it as a run around car

RJM25R
14-03-03, 04:44 PM
I would like to say that I am allowed my opinion. K's first car WAS finished when it had 18" wheels on it. It had a valver init, not a turbo, and Max Power ran pics of it. It still looked rough. That(1st) car in fairness is not really a show car, but according to "K" it's a daily driver. If I owned a styling company, I wouldn't let my wares be shown on a stand if they weren't finished, would you??? Anyway, when he put the turbo in it, he got front cover of Slow Car With Big Wheels, sorry, I meant Fast Car magazine, so good luck to him. And Chip, I hope his new car is fantastic, I hope it provokes as much interest as this thread, but I won't ever look a **** really, cos all I said was that this current car wasn't original, and I don't really think it is possible to do anything "original" with novas. I hope I am wrong, but if you look at golfs nowadays........... Finally, My car has been in rev's (not the first nova with 17"s but at the time, the lowest!) and total vauxhall, displayed on total vauxhall's stand at trax 2001 so I think I am qualified to give my opinions on anything I like....

Rick

RJM25R
14-03-03, 04:52 PM
And as a postscript, I'd like to add I am 30 yrs old, father of 1 and home-owner. I also own a Calibra family car, and work 45-50 hours a week to pay for it all. I work hard and play hard, to coin the cliche, and could afford pretty much any car I wanted but I've had nova's since I was 20, they are cheap if you break them, and can make them very very quick. Yes they are "SHIT" in perspective, but I love em to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

(Can I call myself "R"? Or is that not very original?)

Tilly
14-03-03, 05:24 PM
:o so nicely put

whitey
14-03-03, 06:48 PM
From what i have read, it isnt worth wasting time reading this!

Ian
14-03-03, 06:49 PM
well said "R" lol
even if you were a bit slow replying.

Breeny
14-03-03, 06:56 PM
This toipic is so old, its not even his car anymore :roll:

Dannova12
15-03-03, 12:45 AM
Was just gonna say the same Breeny!!

oooo M3,

every1 lay off K, you dont know him so dont pass judgement!

?Marty?
15-03-03, 01:30 AM
I am Gods son.

wisewood
15-03-03, 01:32 AM
cool marty = jesus... OMG!!!

RJM25R
15-03-03, 06:57 PM
Micky, it took me a while to reply cos I work a lot of hours 6 days a week and as such don't get chance to log on the internet as often as some people!!! As such, I reply when I can!!!!

"R"

novaturboo
16-03-03, 10:29 PM
I just wonder how he managed to do this car for under 1k. Obviously he didnt charge himself for carrying out the work etc and obviously he got the paint pretty cheap and the bloke painted it for him pretty cheap. :o

Or does this mean that I caould take a standard nova to K and he would make it look like this for under 1k. If so give me his number now. :D

I would expect that if K was to do this car for a customer it would cost alot more than under 1k.

?Marty?
17-03-03, 12:40 AM
Erm, he owns a bodyshop. Paint is very cheap, the price we pay is almost all labour. And the bloke painting it wouldn't have been 'pretty cheap', since he works for K, so it wouldn't have cost him any more that the normal weekly wage that he pays him. So, free labour in effect. Though the time spent, could have been spent on a paying customer.

Actually, i might be staring my own bodyshop too. Considering it anyway. I have the ideas, 'a bit' of money, and have now found a bloke willing and able to carry them out.

Though maybe not.

novamark
17-03-03, 09:58 AM
i think k's car is nice, its his RUN AROUND for fcuk sake. K is a top geezer and anyone who judges him or bad mouths him is a tw*t. he does do work on his car and others. of course his staff do work aswell, u cant expect him to do it all on his own, after all, its his business, he is the boss.

?Marty?
17-03-03, 08:58 PM
By your definition, you are a twat. You have judged him, and deemed him to be a top geezer.

novamark
18-03-03, 09:25 AM
ok smart arse, people who judge him in bad ways by listening to bullsh*t that tw*ts like u make up about him.