PDA

View Full Version : lucky =/

NovaBoi92
04-12-08, 07:42 PM
went round to my garage today do some bits the nova, (its a council garage, about 10 garages round there) and noticed that the garage next to me was open, it hadnt been open in ages.
so looked inside, noticed that all the locks had been done. and then i noticed that 2 more garages next to mine were the same - locks had been done in. and there was about 4 more garages that had also been broken into. thats about 7 out of 10 garages that had been broken into (nothing in ANY of them) mine was fine.
Funny thing is that the 3 garages that hadnt been broken into were the 3 that garaged all the cars! my nova, another fellas audi and the other garage was a citroen. so we are very lucky. not keeping the car in there anymore. dont trust them.
also today, a car right by my garage, looked a little lower than usual. and the wheels looked like brake disks lol they'd only gone and robbed all four wheels, it was one of these tools:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/91-Nova-SR/microcar_051.jpg
the wheels are about 10 inch so why the funk would anybody want to steal such useless wheels? cnuts.

Iain
04-12-08, 07:52 PM
You live in a dodgy area lol

NovaBoi92
04-12-08, 08:01 PM
yeh :( its one of the most dangerous places to live, in regards to car insurance anyway

Spudly
04-12-08, 08:11 PM
And with stuff like that you wonder why lol

But having said that where i live is classed as one of the more upmarket areas around here and its now a med-high risk postcode area whereas a few years back it was not!

Everywhere is dodgy these days tbh as an empty more door mk3 fiesta diesel of mine had both doors creased (bent down) on consecutive nights yet there was no parcel shelf and empty boot, wires hanging from where id removed the radio, and the glove box lid open to show nothing was there, it looks like they creased the door then spotted there was nothing to have so left it, then same with the other door the next night.. grr, the cav never gets left in the road overnight, seven foot high gates and razor wire on our tenfoot so she sleeps down there on a night (read on a night, see when its dark lol)

NovaBoi92
04-12-08, 09:10 PM
seven foot high gates and razor wire on our tenfoot so she sleeps down there on a night

haha lol, you'd think that a secure council garage would be safe. obviously not. im going to try and get one of the newer garages up the road abit, they are alot bigger safer and secure. abit gutted because it means that i have to keep the car on the drive now all the time. i would upgrade the security abit but then it would be abit blaint that i have something i want keeping safe in there. (if any of these fcuktards use their brains and figure that out lol)

Spudly
04-12-08, 09:21 PM
First mod on your list should be a cat1 alarm and immobiliser then bud!

NovaBoi92
04-12-08, 09:23 PM
have an immobiliser :) but need an alarm :(

FUSION X16XE
04-12-08, 11:29 PM
Just toughen up the garage door a bit mate, cost you £40 tops?

NovaBoi92
04-12-08, 11:56 PM
well they are pooy flimsy wooded doors, all they have to do is literally unscrew the hinges and the doors fall off. pffftt but if i buy loads of security, then it will make them actually try and get in there even more, more security = more to protect.