PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2L wip

1200OHC
04-12-08, 07:22 PM
Been registered ages now, and finally found a decent 3 door hatch so i had it. Its a 1200 L, totally bog standard 1 elderly lady owner from new with 64000 on the clock, with 12 months Mot. Bit scabby in places worst bit being bottom of o/s front wing. Jet washer made a hole nearly as big as a tennis ball in it. So needs attending to asap.

Offside doors shot and passengers is starting to bubble. Has a dent in o/s rear quarter, bit of rust on both rear arches and knocks and dents here and there. So bodyworks top of the list... Heater blower doesn't work atm either lol, so its a tad lethal as the windows steam up quicker than you can blink an eye.

Heres a few pics of it as it stands;

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1743/nova001mk0.jpg

turbojolt
04-12-08, 07:29 PM
so what are your plans for it mate just fixing it up and keeping it standard or you going to playabout with it

1200OHC
04-12-08, 07:58 PM
Hi, was about to get on to that. But pc's bein an ****, a summary of plans are;

SR'ish looks, SR bumper, grille, spoiler, with GTE skirts and rear splitter... hopefully should have a front bumper, rear splitter and grille on order from duick asap... Looking at GM wheels of some kind, but something different to slabs... we shall see. Interior, looking for GTE or SR trim, but wanna stick a pair or RS Turbo Recaros in front. Should hopefully be getting suspension bits and bobs for xmas, so should hopefully be slammed not long after new years, all going to plan lol... Engine wise, due to insurance sticking to a 1200 for now, looking for twin 40's... Will hopefully get 1300 SR camshaft and head sorted through work, for pennies. But long term hopefully a 1600xe on TB's...

Few more pics...

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8939/curtisebay030xa6.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6376/curtisebay034zl2.jpg

vaughanmc
04-12-08, 08:03 PM
Doesn't look in too bad of condition :)

Post up some pics of the engine bay, door bottoms, boot, arches etc

turbojolt
04-12-08, 08:19 PM
mate you have the same plans as me and my mk1 lol good luck with it

novaxe235
04-12-08, 08:24 PM
awesome

1200OHC
04-12-08, 08:25 PM
Doesn't look in too bad of condition :)

Post up some pics of the engine bay, door bottoms, boot, arches etc

Ill try and get some piccy's sorted tommorow, when i get in from work... Engine bay is tidy... cant bare to lift the battery up but it looks ok. hope i aint just jinxed it. Boot floor i believe is mint, going by what my old mans said lol. Would you believe i aint even had the chance to look yet...

Lol yeah, good taste :thumb:

Novaload_Nick
04-12-08, 08:35 PM
cool project, get cracking!

1200OHC
04-12-08, 09:14 PM
Lol i shall, just got a lot of things to sell, including a 98 Vw Polo and Mini parts about 2 minis worth of parts lol... So as i sell things, i shall buy things... Should hopefully have coilovers for xmas prezzie and have them on not long after new years hopefully...

1200OHC
05-12-08, 05:56 PM
I jinxed it... hole in boot floor on offside... in usual place. And a bodge up on the inner wing on nearside front behind strut. And a C.V boot hanging off, supposidly had an Mot last month :roll:, rather bent one by looks of it. So now list of welding; 2 rear quarters, patch in boot floor, and rear panel, if not renewed. Then section on inner wing sorting. Otherwise its solid...

let_nova
05-12-08, 09:51 PM
top job. do you still want this gte interior?

1200OHC
06-12-08, 04:25 PM
Sorry didnt let you know sooner, didnt even notice you'd replied. Im gunna have to let it go for now unfortunately. As my relatives now decided against coming down this year, and im a tad short of cash atm, due to ordering the other parts off of duick and christmas. I've gotta flog my other car, so if you've still got it in a couple weeks, ill be interested.

1200OHC
07-12-08, 10:15 AM
Anyone on here, that'd be interested in doing the welding?