PDA

View Full Version : sr clutch

sr1400
03-12-08, 09:11 PM
got a 92 1.4 sr and need to fit a new clutch tomoz! got the part but just wondered if ne1 could tell me how to do them lol! i done everything except a clutch b4 so just wanted some advice!

AlexW
03-12-08, 09:18 PM
read The haynes manual. Mucho easyer.

But you need to remove the clutch cover (Lay down on your back under your nova and its about 4 10mm bolts. The remove the input shalf, and release bearing, then unbolt the 6 (i think) bolts on the flywheel that attach the clutch onto the flywheel.

Leeboo
03-12-08, 09:21 PM
Its simple if you have some experience. Otherwise, probably not.

Basically, shafts out, gearbox out, undo retaining screws for clutch casing, take off the assembly, new assembly on in place of old one, aligned either by eye or by using the proper tool (I didn't know how to use the tool so I done it by eye lol ), once you have it correct, refit the screws, lube up (oo er) the shaft which drives gearbox, and refit gearbox.

But, if you have to ask how to do it, maybe its best left to someone else.

I done mine when the engine and gearbox were out of the car so it was easy.

Leeboo
03-12-08, 09:23 PM
So basically I was wrong. K! lol

I never knew the clutch could actually be changed without gearbox removal.

Welsh Dan
03-12-08, 09:39 PM
You will need circlip pliers. And a 12 sided 8mm bit:
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/12sided.jpg

Take the end cover off the gearbox, place something under it to catch the fluid that drops out. Take the circlip out of the input shaft(frontmost shaft) using the circlip pliers, then using the 12 sided 8mm bit undo the bolt that you see on the end of the shaft. Screw a longer bolt into the shaft (this doesnt have to be far) so you can use it to pull the input shaft out towards you. Then take the clutch inspection cover off, unbolt the clutch cover from the flywheel and go from there...

Make sure you allign and clamp the new clutch properly before you fit it, and it might be worth pushing the input shaft back into the clutch before you bolt the clutch up to the flywheel again.