PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going? Milton Keynes 1-12-02

wisewood
22-11-02, 09:47 AM
Right then - since we managed (probably my fault) to get SlimJim's post wandering wildly off topic - I though it would be a good idea to start a new post.

If you are going to attend the MK meet on Sunday December 1st, leave a message in reply to let us all know.

Cheers - wisewood.

here is a copy of the map Jim produced showing directions tot he meeting place.

http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/mapwl.jpg

Cheese
22-11-02, 10:00 AM
Me Definately! :D

See you all next sunday! :)

Ben :)

rustboy
22-11-02, 12:03 PM
me if i pass 2day, i'll bring mattywoo along with me if i do.

Nova1.6
22-11-02, 12:34 PM
GOOD LUCK DRUT!!!
I'm coming, with wisewood and my Girlfriend, yes andy, she is coming now. but i cant ignore her coz she got a right stress on last night saying she'll come but i cant ignore her and talk about cars all time in the car, well p!ssed me off stupid WOMEN!

Will
22-11-02, 01:45 PM
As breeny will prob tell you later, this isnt a novaload meet, its a nova meet, so its been posted on loads of different boards, people replying here are gona be novaload people, so far the region of 40 + cars has been talked of :)

Neway i will be there car or no car so see ya there :D

Will

Alex
22-11-02, 02:15 PM
ill be there

Jim
22-11-02, 03:51 PM
/me sighs...

Yes the meeting is still going ahead. Thanks tho to Wisewood for sending the last post totally off topic- Nice One!!!

I'll talk to Breeny about putting a mobile number down the day before hand should we need to change location at the last minute.

Fingers crossed the weather will be dry and the location will be empty enough for us all.

Again, can I please stress for everyone to behave themselves. If anyone from this site drives like an idiot in the carpark I will be talking to Admin members to get them removed from the site. This might sound harsh, but that's cos it is :P

Jim

Anton
22-11-02, 04:55 PM
I may be there if my car is out the bodyshop in time :lol:

locky
22-11-02, 10:34 PM
Yeah y not! il b there!

mikeoxford
23-11-02, 12:42 AM
wouldnt miss it for the world.

CP
23-11-02, 02:46 PM
I'll come. Esp. if Jim brings that woman off his footer lol!
:lol:

locky
23-11-02, 04:43 PM
Ne1 from the south going, ne1 wanna meet up on the way?
convoy styleee?????
Im comin from m4, thru Swindon, thru Oxford, then MK!
pm me, or reply ere!

Austin_Nova16
23-11-02, 10:38 PM
I'll come along. i'll be coming from ox, probably with 2 or 3 other novas...

locky
24-11-02, 04:38 PM
Austin nova, dya fancy meetin up on the way?
I'l c if ne1 else wants 2 come along as well!
All are welcome!

Aragorn
24-11-02, 10:56 PM
im not 100% but im hoping to be there

the fact that its gonna cost over ?80 just on fuel is a little offputting but i'll see wot happens

Cheese
25-11-02, 12:46 PM
Ill definately join an Oxford convoy if anyone gets it organised..

Ben :D

Nova1.6
25-11-02, 12:57 PM
?80 = great time with loads of great people!

jkhilton
25-11-02, 01:38 PM
I'll be there and if I can manage it in time, with a new car!! :)

Aragorn
25-11-02, 01:52 PM
or you could say ?80 is half the 1.6 engine i want for it, of half a set of tires for the alloys i'll be getting at xmas hopefully

i'll have a think about it and see what happens, let u know soon

red_devil
25-11-02, 03:44 PM
As neil knows i might be comin... need to sort out some RAC or AA first coz i aint goin all that way without any...

Hope i can make it.
Try my best....

Will
25-11-02, 04:37 PM
AA is shit, they dont cover you if you crash only if u break down. not saying ur gona do either but RAC covers both so go with them. I am covered as a driver or passenger in any car.

If you cant sort cover u can use my membership, no excuse now, come to mk :D

Will

Breeny
25-11-02, 04:47 PM
and what if he breaks down on the way?

Ive never had breakdown cover, i guess i better at some point :!:

jkhilton
25-11-02, 05:13 PM
AA is s**t, they dont cover you if you crash only if u break down

When I crashed they came out and picked my car up, took it to my dads warehouse and gave me a lift home. They knew they were coming out to a crash aswell, cos I told them exactly what happened.
It was a good job they did come though, cos if they didn't the police told me they would shift the car from the motorway and I would be charged about ?500 for the job!!! AA did it for free.

Will
25-11-02, 06:05 PM
when i was with my m8 he crashed and rang up with his AA cover they told him he wasnt covered for a crash but they could come out and charge him, so he took that option and it cost over 200 quid to be taken back to uni car park, how shit is that, this is y i dont like the AA, im sure loads of you would recommend them but i think they suck :P lol

William

Anton
26-11-02, 06:55 PM
just wondered, has anyone told a mag like fast car about the meet? I'd like to get mine published even if its only a little picture :P

Jim
27-11-02, 09:40 AM
No Anton, no mags have been tolod about the meeting. Mainly because the last time we had a large meeting and a magazine was invited down they spread 40 Novas over 2 pages. It was really poor and it took about 6 months for the magazine to write up the article.

What there will be is a shed load of photos taken and a report written and posted on the gallery section of this site, and possibly other sites, so your car will be published on the net :)

Jim

red_devil
27-11-02, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry but i will not be able to attend the event in MK due to a dodgy cold and an Icehockey thing on Saturday but i'll hopefully be out and about after Xmas... and hope to see all at TraX 2k3

avon_nova
01-12-02, 03:53 AM
Yeah i think i'll come to this thing.

C u there i'm in a C reg GSi like silver grey nova. Say hello put some faces to names.