PDA

View Full Version : Fuel regulator??

Skittle
03-12-08, 12:14 PM
Hi,

Quick question - the part next to the fuel pump under the boot floor, is that the Fuel regulator?

I need a new one!

Cheers,

Oh, please PM me,

Skittle

burgo
03-12-08, 12:19 PM
no thats actually a fuel damper. i think people have run without them before

craig green
03-12-08, 02:49 PM
Mine runs fine without it.

burgo
03-12-08, 05:43 PM
well my understanding of the fuel damper it that it smoothes out the pulses in the flow but if i understand how the pump works it shouldnt be needed. im probably wrong tho

*Dave*
03-12-08, 05:46 PM
runs fine with or without.

iirc it does what burgo says ^^^

Skittle
11-12-08, 02:52 PM
Thanks Peeps!! sorry for the delay, was busy at WRGB and then the normal day job!!

Skittle!

meritlover
11-12-08, 04:57 PM
well my understanding of the fuel damper it that it smoothes out the pulses in the flow but if i understand how the pump works it shouldnt be needed. im probably wrong tho

it is true that the pump does not produce pulses, however your injectors are constantly opening and closing causing a flutter of the FPR that will cause pulses at the pump. placing the a damper in close proximity to it will prevent unnecessary straining of the pump, however as said above, it is not crutial to the fuel system or the reliability of the pump.

have a nice evening.

meritlover
x

craig green
11-12-08, 05:27 PM
With an answer like that /\ who could argue?

MC
11-12-08, 09:10 PM
That might explain why I can hear a knocking noise from my fuel system!

Stuart
11-12-08, 10:03 PM
I think it was because that was an early EFI engine that the designers didnt know the full effects of what happens in the fuel system.

Virtually no modern cars (or anything post 1995) has the damper.
So Mark, I doubt its no damper causing the knocking.... maybe you have a dying injector