PDA

View Full Version : Electric window sticking... advice?

Torroni
03-12-08, 09:57 AM
My driver's side electric window has been sticking when opening... I have to press down on the back edge until it moves freely again.

Do you think this the motor needs replacing? or will I need to install window runners?

AlexW
03-12-08, 09:58 AM
Give the rubbers a good spray of WD-40, and make sure the rubber is pushed into the groves proplery.

Torroni
03-12-08, 10:17 AM
Yes I've tried this along with grease etc but only works temporarily before the runners dry out and the same problem re-occurs.

AlexW
03-12-08, 10:27 AM
Only other thing i can think of is the door being slightly bent (i know thats why i had the problem with mine)

There is a chance of it being the motor, but dont seem right.

Lee
03-12-08, 10:28 AM
The runners are probably pinching the glass towards the bottom. Youll need to take the glass out and force them apart slightly, and then spray some white grease in them, which shouldnt dry out like WD.

Torroni
03-12-08, 04:40 PM
Well it tends to slow up after coming down about 4 inches from the top. The glass changes angle slightly but the motor doesn't have the power to pull it past this point without lubrication. The glass isn't really being pinched anywhere.

AlexW
03-12-08, 04:45 PM
That sounds excatly like mine, check that the rubbers are correctly pushed in and that the door isnt bent where it meets the b-piller.