PDA

View Full Version : GTE car loom into SRI

tom_bish
03-12-08, 08:35 AM
Hi all would a GTE car loom fit my SRI so i can run a 1600 engine

I'm thinking it might not due to the difference in dash? Also what about the electric windows?

Tom

AlexW
03-12-08, 10:28 AM
Just have a lookie on the Mk1 to Mk2 dash conversion guide, All in there :thumb:

Pistol Pete
03-12-08, 10:46 AM
Shouldnt be too much of an issue. Remember that the SRi loom is intergrated, i.e. car loom and engine loom in one. GTE will have two seperate looms IIRC.

tom_bish
03-12-08, 10:46 AM
Ok i think it's already been converted to run a Mk2 dash

would there be any other complications?

Pete - I'm planning to remove the whole SRI car & engine loom and then use the two seperate looms (i already have the loom for the 1600 engine)

AlexW
03-12-08, 10:50 AM
Apart from a few things like sidelight connectors i think it will be ok, if there are any other problems they wont be much

Spudly
03-12-08, 12:08 PM
All of your basics will work but remeber youre swapping a mk2 loom for a mk1 one.

Your headlight adjuster motors wont have any wiring and you may find problems with rear wash wipe and for switches depending how well its been converted to run a mk2 dash!

Basic jist is yet it should easily fit/work but be prepared for slight wiring issues!

tom_bish
03-12-08, 12:29 PM
Ok i'm not too worried about the headlight adjusters and the rear wiper has been removed anyways.

What about electric windows? or is this on a seperate loom?

Pistol Pete
03-12-08, 12:39 PM
Seperate loom i think.

AlexW
03-12-08, 01:04 PM
The electric windows plug into the fusebox, should be excatly like the mk2.

Pistol Pete
03-12-08, 01:06 PM
Pete - I'm planning to remove the whole SRI car & engine loom and then use the two seperate looms (i already have the loom for the 1600 engine)

Will make things easier. I might do this myself for my valver engine conversion.

craig green
03-12-08, 02:55 PM
Much like putting a mk2 dash in a mk1, it'll just be a case of putting mk2 dash plugs on the mk1 loom.

As I said Sunday Tom, I think you should be able to de-thread all the SRi ECU wires from the loom & leave yourself a lightweight loom with a handfull of switched Lives left on it which are pretty damn helpfull for adding accessories. Your e/w system is simply plugged into the fuse box, so just unplug them & the fuse box will lift out with the loom.

Lay it all on the floor, label it up & get the pliers out.

tom_bish
04-12-08, 08:16 AM
Ok thanks for all the help, im not too good with electrics

I think i'll label up and remove the SRI loom over the weekend and see if i can work it out.

Would it just be a case of tracing all the wires that come from the ecu and removing them?

I've noticed there is also another box similar to the ecu but smaller. what is this?

AlexW
04-12-08, 10:00 AM
On the back of the under tray on the passenger side? Black?

tom_bish
04-12-08, 10:04 AM
No its in a metal casing the same as the ECU

tom_bish
04-12-08, 09:46 PM
Ahh i thought there was another box for some reason, my memory was playing tricks with me.

Well i managed to get the loom out earlier and i think i've managed to cut out the engine loom ok.

I have left what look like lives (thick red wires) and some other coloured wires that run back to the fuse box end of the loom. Is this correct?

I'll try and get some pics up to make it easier to see what i've done