PDA

View Full Version : Uprated Cam ???? Help

NOV4_SPORT
02-12-08, 08:34 PM
Hey all, can anyone shed some light on this for me, iam under the impression my nova is fitted with a high performance cam, it runs lumpy at idle and the power kicks in at 2,000 to 6,500 rpm, although a recent rolling road showed the car was well down on power !

the only markings i can see on the end of the cam, with the distributer removed are6P285HY 306 L, or instead of it being 6 at the begining its a "g", not to sure as its not a clear mark, its either going to be a kent cam or a piper cam.

the engine is a 1.3 sport engine, not to sure on the rest of the spec of the engine, can anyone help ???

iain

Stuart
02-12-08, 08:37 PM
being a p285 suggests its a piper model. rather mild imho

NOV4_SPORT
02-12-08, 08:40 PM
Thanks mate, can you sugest a good performance cam for road use ?

iain

Stuart
02-12-08, 08:45 PM
if you claim the engine is down on power I'd suggest getting the carbs setup b someone who knows a webber isnt a fooking BBQ lol..... if its stil down on power then you might need to rebuild the engine.

a 285 cam will be adequate for road use to be honest

NOV4_SPORT
02-12-08, 09:01 PM
Thanks mate, i know the carbs are running way to rich, and having them set up right would make all the difference to it, and make the car run better, was just needing to make sure about the cam, as the engine was rebuilt anout two years, 4000 miles ago, just never had the carbs set up right as there aint many good places around central scotland to do it tbh, thanks for all your help though mate

iain